cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS is no longer available!!!

For example, http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=tablet&_rss=1 no longer shows an RSS feed. This significantly impacts my visibility of items for sale.
The following RSS link format no longer works either:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rss/?_ipg=200&_nkw=tablet&_rss=1&rt=nc
The links just show search results as you would see in a browser.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: RSS is no longer available!!!

I don't know if it is actually exactly the same search, but I was able to get a working rss for the tablet example in the original post:

https://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_ipg=200&_nkw=tablet&_rss=1&rt=nc

The key here seems to be having the "dsc/i.html" in the query instead of sch

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

Many thanks jeffcarlyle!!  My feeds are back with a few quick edits.  Why on earth would eBay do this with no communication of the change?!?  "Move fast and break things" doesn't mean let's take aim at and anger our highest usage customers.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

Thank you, Jeff! Accepting your solution.

I'm a little skeptical though. What if that goes away, too?

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

Someone buy this man a beer !

Thanks very much Jeff. 

I use a RSS plugin (in Chrome) and by exporting my eBay feeds in .opml format, then making the suggested changes & re-importing the .opml, everything seems to be working again !  You are a legend. I really appreciate this .

Simon 😁

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

Genius!  I can now go back to buying **bleep** I didn't think I needed and wasting hours once again!  Thanks!  Seriously, this is so great, thank you Jeff.

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

Many thanks Jeff. 

eBay UK have told me all RSS feeds are being turned off worldwide but this has got it working again for the time being.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Thanks Jeff. How on earth did you find that out!

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

I am using "the old reader" and it doesn't seem to auto-refresh my newly modified feeds.  Does anyone else have a solution for this, or is this a user error?  If I press "refresh" on each feed, it does seem to do that, but not automatically.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

You seriously saved my life. I love you. If I can send you 5$ to buy a coffee it’s on me. I **bleep** am super happy

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

Since my original reply, I've written a tool to parse search results and return a valid RSS feed that I am hosting on my website for personal use. If RSS on eBay goes away for good, I'll put it out on GitHub.

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

By parsing the HTML or through the search API?

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

What's "the old reader"? You'd have to be more specific. There are tens of old readers.

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

Thanks jeffcarlyle!

It works!

I'm worried it might not work for long though.

Because at this point it seems like RSS was intentionally killed of by ebay for desktop users, otherwise they would have fixed it by now.

Hopefully killing it off for tablet too isn't in the works.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

@tihomak www.theoldreader.com sorry I should have been more exact.  It's probably just user error but wanted to check if anyone else was broadly experiencing issues.  Thanks!

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

For those of you who used jeffcarlyle's "DSC" hack to make this work, what RSS platform are you using? Inoreader still seems to have trouble with finding the feed even with the alteration to the URL.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply