cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR CODE NOT WORKING AT POST OFFICE

Have items that I've sold and need to ship out. Get to post office with QR CODE for label and post office says no label available? Anybody else having this issue? Have no computer or printer is there another way around this?? 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Yes. I purchased a label yesterday for shipping out today. Managed to make it to my local PO about 10 minutes before closing, and the QR code did not work at either scanner. I snapped a photo of the error I was able to send the buyer, but am in the same situation. Sounds like it was not an issue with the PO's network.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Had the same issue I had to go to staples and print out the labels

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Same ebay QR code no label available issue yesterday with three packages at the local USPS. These QR codes failed again today, so labels had to be printed out. Both Postal Clerks stated that this is a problem with ebay. In the past year plus, only one QR code failed out of at least hundred until yesterday. Can anyone confirm that ebay is at fault or is the problem with USPS? These QR code failures has been a waste of time and frustrating... to say the least. Hope ebay is looking into this!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Hey it’s eBays fault. Idk when they will fix it but they need to. Had to print all of my labels yesterday and today as well

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Contacted them yesterday….. hopefully it’s fixed soon. Pay all these fees just for the codes not to work.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had 4 packages yesterday that wouldn't scan, one I paid for before 6pm worked other 4 didnt. Today wouldn't work again. I had to email them to the clerk and she printed them out for me and worked. Hope this is fixed soon! The QR code method is amazing and the my post office people like it too. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Yes this is accurate. I’ve been on the phone with several eBay reps over the last two days. They said there is a glitch in the system and they have no timeline to when this will be fixed. Their suggestion is use a printable option. Of course for those of us who don’t have a printer this is a huge inconvenience. I guess this just means sell more and buy a **bleep** Rollo lol. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hello,

Have been experiencing the same problem with QR codes at the post office as well. They were able to generate a new tracking number for me but I’m not sure if they are suppose to do that. I contacted ebay as wel becuase one of them was through global shipping, and I was afraid it may not teach its destination. To be on the safe side tonight I’m printing all labels. Hope they fix it soon 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Ran into the same issue--hope it's fixed soon. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yep, I had the same issues on March 26.  My QR codes purchased on March 24 were all OK, but all of the ones purchased on March 26 did not work at the Post Office.  I went to 4 different Post Offices, and all had the same result!  I saw other customers in front of me also getting rejected QR codes so no doubt they were also shipping eBay items!

I called eBay and they admitted it was a known issue that appeared to start on March 25 and was currently being worked on.  I complained that since eBay was aware of it, then it would have been nice if eBay would have alerted sellers about the issue so we could make alternative plans and not waste our time at the Post Office.

I had to go to Staples and print my labels and then tape them on the boxes and return to the Post Office to get my receipts.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

This is a known issue. Anybody experiencing it should report it to CS. The more sellers reporting it, the higher priority the issue will get in the fix queue. Details can be found here with the help ticket number and info CS will need.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Very disappointed there was not a message sent from ebay. An incredible waste of time & money to drive back and forth from the post office thinking this was an individual problem. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

is happened to me twice at the post office and I’m extremely irritated with eBay over this. And when I call customer service they are of absolutely no help. All my shipping is having to come out of my pocket and as with a lot of sellers, we don’t have an extra hundred bucks sitting around for shipping if anybody has a remedy, please share. Thank you. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

same thing happening to me! post office clerk had no idea what it was, said come back tomorrow😩

Message 15 of 17
latest reply