cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for sales I never made…

Hello, hopefully I’ve put this in the correct place for help.

Last night I logged into eBay to just check how our current listings were doing. I noticed there were 28 notifications on the bell icon and when I clicked it there were tons of offers declined/cancelled, pay now, refunds and returns for all sorts of things I’ve never looked at or purchased like MacBooks and different phones. I clicked a couple of the notifications and nothing happened, additionally there was nothing in our summary page or emails about these bids and returns. I refreshed the page and they were gone… 

Could my account have been hacked? Was this a glitch? Why was I able to see the bids and purchases of someone else? Was my account being used as a proxy to hid these purchases for a scammer? 

I did change my password and have 2FA turned on. It’s just super strange and really freaked me out. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please track this thread where an eBay rep is participating on the topic:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-not-from-my-account/m-p/3328...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Please track this thread where an eBay rep is participating on the topic:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-not-from-my-account/m-p/3328...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for tagging me and telling me, I tried finding stuff for a while on Google on different forums, YouTube, etc. I didn’t realized this happened to other users.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply