cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Inventory doubling

Hello all,

Today we came to the office to realize about 40% of our inventory on eBay has changed. Some cases adding 10 pieces and in some multiplying. I would email eBay but I know the drill here. They play like you're the only one with the issue until a month later when they admit they have a glitch.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Issues with Inventory doubling

@bennynv wrote:

Anyone else having this issue?

Not me.

People come here all the time to report weird things that NEVER seem to happen to me.

Cannonball - Supertramp
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Yep.  Same here.  Happened last night.  Gonna have some unhappy buyers who just bought some items that were zero quantity before this glitch.  😫

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Same here. Total mess. 

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Same Here - They took all that has sold and added it to existing inventory. If I sold 500 small black and had 10 in inventory, now I have 510 in inventory. 🤦‍♀️

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Yes, same here in both of my stores. A nightmare and lots of emails and refunds. " Sorry this is not in stock..."

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Where are you looking to see if something has multiplied?  

I assume it's "quantity" under "active". How do you know which have and which haven't? 

Most of my items have quantities of 1, just a handle have variations. My magic numbers are 2, 3, and 4 times.  One is 50. Some I can just look at and remember I only have 1 of those in inventory, but others I don't remember. It looks like I'm going to have to spend a whole lot of time going through physical inventory and checking it against the listed quantities. 

Any word from Ebay about this glitch yet? 

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

I don't see it on mine.

Any common denominators with those who are seeing it? 

Is it just on MQ or just on Variations or just on what should be OOS at zero?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

I'm wondering if it's related to the switch to Ebay International Shipping from Ebay International Delivery. The only items I've noticed being affected are the items that had Ebay International Delivery set as an option. And today I started getting my first orders using Ebay International Shipping.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Most of the ones that multiplied on mine were single-quantity, without MQ or variations. Though a handful were variations.  I don't use the OOS option, so that wouldn't be the common thread.   

I looked under the "quantity" under "active" on the seller hub, but there might be an easier way to tell. 

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

It sounds counter intuitive that a shipping system change should affect other areas, but as we know only too well, this is ebay and it does sound like a lot of glitches have been happening since they started this auto opt in to EIS.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

I suggest everyone do a routine audit of their inventory. 

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I always keep a hard copy running balance of my active listings and so far they look okay, but I have yet to check the MV ones.

The last time this happened it was on MV only and if I recall correctly it was after the initial GTC came in and when they renewed they went back to the original listing amounts.

That was a nightmare to clean up (with only an oops sorry from ebay and no assistance) and I really would not want to have to do it again.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

This has happened to me as well. Do I start manually changing everything or wait?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

same issue. this is a lot of work. I sell cards and it is very difficult to track the quantities I had. 

Message 15 of 36
latest reply