cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Inventory doubling

Hello all,

Today we came to the office to realize about 40% of our inventory on eBay has changed. Some cases adding 10 pieces and in some multiplying. I would email eBay but I know the drill here. They play like you're the only one with the issue until a month later when they admit they have a glitch.  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

it will take me weeks to properly update my inventory. 

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Wtg Khoros.

Move what is a Selling issue to the tech board where no-one will see it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@jinxremover13 wrote:

I'm wondering if it's related to the switch to Ebay International Shipping from Ebay International Delivery. The only items I've noticed being affected are the items that had Ebay International Delivery set as an option. And today I started getting my first orders using Ebay International Shipping.

Might have something to do with that. I checked business policies, and ebay created new policies for certain listings. Those are the ones that got all the sold inventory added back into active quantities. The listings that are not in the new policies ebay created are fine.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Another poster on one of the threads that didn't get moved posted this. 

@dptedora wrote:

Just got this from ebay.

Thank you for much. I have already submitted the report on your behalf. Rest assured this will be on our top priority list. Alternatively, kindly revise your listing and change the quantity to the actual item quantity. Guaranteed we will have this resolved in 24-48 hours

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

In another thread, those affected were told to wait and not change a thing. So which is it?

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

I had this same issue today. Woke up to a massive flood of sales, all of which I had to cancel and refund because I simply was out of stock or didn't carry the inventory in that quantity. I immediately recounted and reset inventory manually for several hours this morning, then called eBay to deal with the delinquencies.

eBay suggested I reset inventory manually, which id already done, then they opened support tickets for each cancellation to ensure no fees or cancelled orders will appear on my account because of this.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Unreal. Absolutely UNREAL.

I woke to a myriad of orders, and being ecstatic. Lo and behold, all of them were for items I already sold.

I thought it was something I did, but nope. All on them, confirmed by support.

I think this is the last straw for me. Heading to WhatNot.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

I looked at mine after reading your comment and that seems to be how my quantity changed as well.  What I sold and what I had listed.......good gravy.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

I have no variations on my listings, they are all good til canceled listings and not all of the quantities changed, just probably 80% or so.

But when I look at the revision history for when this happened these are some of what I see, I'm laughing at the ones that changed the restocking fee on listings with no restocking fee, can you even charge a restocking fee anymore?

Shipping Terms
Quantity
Site and Regions

Shipping Terms
Quantity
Details
Site and Regions
Changed Restocking Fee from 20% to No
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

@supercharger-parts 

do you sell internationally? Are you in EIS?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

For many of those listings, yes, but I'm not sure all of them were.

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Same here, nice spaghetti code ebay, compensation for the added days of work fixing inventory quantities would be nice.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

I am glad you posted here. I have never had this issue before, it is a mess!

I received an order for an item that is out of stock. Almost all of my listings were wrong. Items out of stock are showing in stock and inventory doubled or more.

I scheduled time away and not selling, 

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Same here. Total mess. 

And we reported to Ebay, but they said they are trying to fix issues.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Yes. All "sold" item qty was added to "available" qty.

Now sold out (0 qty) items are back for sale and other items have very high qty's.

Have probably 5000 listings effected.

Called ebay and said issue is known. But 3 days in, not fixed and it's hell.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply