cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fee for revising an item

I went in to revise an item and was shown a 25 cent insertion fee.

• This is not a new listing, it's a revision.
  • Even if it was a new listing, I'm not even close to filling my store's allotment for the month.
  • I published the revision. As far as I can tell, no fee is actually being charged (unless there's a big lag in listing fees appearing on the Payments tab).

listingfee1.pnglistingfee2.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It is thesame .25 cents that you are paying when you originally list the item. You are not being charge twice. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I never paid an insertion fee for this listing. My store allotment covered it every month.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

More examples of this happening:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Charged-Fee-to-Revise-Listing/m-p/32355345#M1855614

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/ebay-fix-this-glitch/m-p/32356119#M1855822

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I dug around and found posts from when this happened in 2018 and eBay confirmed that it was a display error (link). I'm still seeing the fee on the revision page, but no fee is being charged after submitting the changes.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I saw your post @petercrowell_artgallery. Can you check your Payments tab to see if you were  actually charged these fees or was it just a display error on the listing form? I've been seeing this issue for 4 days, but so far no fees were actually assessed.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Perhaps it is as someone said, a floating fee or whatever whatchamacallit, but it is not reassuring to see it displayed nearly every time I make a revision...do I have the time to check on it!?...NO!   I make revision daily to stay competitive also I list new items daily, now I got to go back and forth to make sure I'm not being charged erroneously! Don't have the time, please someone fix it

I'm currently waiting on a call from Tech Dept. was promised an actual phone conversation...still waiting.

I'll know more after said conversation!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yeah that was happening to me too the past few days, if I revised an item, it was showing a 30 cent fee, but then when I clicked to submit the revisions, as that was loading, it changed itself to 0 fees.  And while I was bulk relisting yesterday, I was listing 9 things, and it was telling me my fees would be $2.70 at 30 cents a pop to relist those items, when I still have over 100 free listings left this month.  But when I submitted them, the message that came up saying the relist was successful said it was 0 dollars in fees.

But I still kept checking my payments section to make sure I wasn't getting docked those fees, because I wouldn't put it past them to "accidentally" charge those fees, but I wasn't.

Can anyone name anything anywhere on this site that runs smoothly without some kind of annoying little problem to go with it? 

Even before when I was listing something, I tried to put the SKU number in, I double checked and yes I did type the correct number, but eBay said it was an invalid SKU with that red font error at the top of the listing page.  So I removed the number.  Usually that makes the red font message go away because there is no longer an invalid number in that box.  But no, not only did the error message stay at the top of the page.  Every time I went to type in an item specifics box, or in the description, the page would jump up to the top where the error message was, and I'd have to keep scrolling back down to start typing again.  It did that over and over... you have no idea how irritating that was. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

As you know " misery loves company"  but I'm not getting any pleasures out of this, I feel relieved that I wasn't

going batty, for a while I was doubting my sanity 'cause we know computers don't make mistakes...right!?  grin >

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Update: I think they fixed this because I haven't seen it for a few days.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Nope. I'm still having issues with fees for revising.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Happened to me yesterday when I revised an older listing I was charged the fee.

I created some new listings today, and went back the same day to revise them with no fee. (But its the 1st of month, so IDK if its using up my 250 Free listings for the month).

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ebay's fees apply to "bold title," more pictures, promoted listing, etc...if you didn't use any of these things to make your listing better, it may just be a glitch. You might just have to try again later. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This happened to me just now (in 2023) but now I understand why...

In response to a message from eBay, I attempted to update the Return Policy for 30 of my listings. I was nowhere near my limit of 250 free ones for the month, and in any case these revisions should be free. However, 3 of them indicated a $0.35 Insertion Fee would be charged as soon as I edited them.

Some postings have suggested that the displayed fee was a bug, and I wouldn't actually get charged. But I was. After some back-and-forth with eBay, I now understand what happened.

The previous month I had surpassed my 250 free listing limit by ending and re-listing all my items. These 3 listings were among those that were over the 250 limit and should have resulted in Insertion Fees, but for some reason I was not charged for these 3. In this situation, I guess, the Insertion Fee is resurrected if/when you revise the listing.

FWIW, the eBay rep agreed to reverse the Insertion Fees for these 3 items even though I should have had to pay them last month.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply