cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message trying to sell US Postage stamps

I have an online stamp store that I have been successfully selling on for about 3 month with no problems.  Today I tried to relist and change a price on a set of stamps and I got an error message, "Because USPS Forever Stamps are commonly counterfeited, they may be sold by authorized sellers only. Unfortunately, you will not be able to list this item on eBay.{e143219-1233880x}  I am not trying to sell "Forever Stamps", these are old collectable stamps.  Help!  Chat did not offer much help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also received this message.

Because USPS Forever Stamps are commonly counterfeited, they may be sold by authorized sellers only. Unfortunately, you will not be able to list this item on eBay.{e143219-1233880x}

I spent hours yesterday with numerous eBay operators with no resolution. What Resolution did you find???

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have seen some indication that others have been receiving the same message when listing non-Forever related collectible stamps. There may be some sort of problem with the screening program that is supposed to stop Forever stamps being listed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Selling-collectable-Stamps/m-p/33404805#M2126543

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Vintage-stamp-wrongly-identified-as-forever-stamp-Can-t-p...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I also received this message.

Because USPS Forever Stamps are commonly counterfeited, they may be sold by authorized sellers only. Unfortunately, you will not be able to list this item on eBay.{e143219-1233880x}

I spent hours yesterday with numerous eBay operators with no resolution. What Resolution did you find???

Message 3 of 3
latest reply