cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email search notifications are not showing photos of newly listed items anymore!

😠Email search notifications are not showing photos of newly listed items anymore!

Does anyone has the same issue! I contact eBay chat support but they do not know anything nor they want to escalate this to a higher support team!

Here is a photo of what used to show in my gmail mailbox every time a new item gets listed.

Before.JPG

And this is a new photo since 2 weeks back! (no photos).

NOW.JPG

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Email search notifications are not showing photos of newly listed items anymore!

I use gmail and I'm still seeing photos. If I find other reports of the problem I'll try to remember to tag you on them.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank You.

I even tried 2 different browsers Firefox and Edge. many eBay new listed emails in my inbox from 2 weeks back are all showing photos, but anything in the last week are not showing photos! 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You're not alone : https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Community-eBay-Site-Issues/Saved-Searches-Emails-Have-No-Listing-Info-o...

Today I contacted eBay chat and they have raised a ticket with the IT team.  Unfortunately, as-is the way with eBay, I was told that I wouldn't receive any information regarding the status of this ticket including how long it may be until it was reviewed and/or resolved.

BTW - I'm using Outlook/Hotmail so it's not some issue specific to gmail.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much for the update.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You're welcome and also thanks for posting in my thread.  As you said in that thread, I do hope others report the problem and that eBay's IT team pay attention and fix this problem soon.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

If your emails are sent by ebay.com they probably look alright.

It's the emails originating from ebay.ca that have no pictures.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Interesting!

I will set some alerts on eBay.com and check this out.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You would receive the saved search emails from ebay.com only if your account was originally set up on ebay.com.  If you were on ebay.ca when you first set up your account, then that is where the emails will come from, even if each search you have saved since then runs on ebay.com.

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do to switch from one to the other.  Even changing your address to an American address has no effect.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

In addition to the OP and the thread linked in post 4, there is another thread about it here posted by @chrisandferdy.

Can you check to see if there's an open tech ticket on this one velvet@ebay?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Guys,

As of May 27th, it seems the photos are showing now (this is on ebay.ca), they might have solved the website glitch.

I will monitor for few more days.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yeah, I got the photos in my emails yesterday (26th May), but haven't received today's emails yet.  Hoping that this has been solved and that this isn't another intermittent thing.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

In addition to the OP and the thread linked in post 4, there is another thread about it here posted by @chrisandferdy.

Can you check to see if there's an open tech ticket on this one velvet@ebay?

Hi @wastingtime101! I was able to find a tech ticket open and it's not showing as resolved yet, although it sounds like things may be working like normal again. Just to be safe, I went ahead and added it to the tech post here. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Pleased to report that todays emails (27th May) came through with the photos and links to auctions.  Fingers crossed this continues.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply