cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't respond to messages

I received a message today and can't respond back to it! 

I've tried on my Mac (Google Chrome) and my phone. It's frustrating because a buyer wants to make an offer for something I'm selling. 🙄

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you cannot respond to a particular eBay message, you may be able to compose a new message by going to the user's profile or feedback page and using the "Contact" link there. If the user is no longer registered, you will not be able to send a message, however.

You can also try responding the message using a different browser, different browser mode (mobile or desktop), or by using the eBay app.

You can try signing in to ebay.ca or ebay.com.au and seeing if you can respond to the message on one of those sites if the problem is with ebay.com itself.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think someone posted elsewhere suggesting an alternative link to send a message to a buyer that should still work if the usual link does not; I will see if I can find the original message. Possibly through the order details? I am not a seller, so I have not run into that particular situation.

Here is the thread, I think:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-can-I-contact-a-buyer-I-click-on-quot-contact-buyer-and-it...

Try going through the Orders section.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

For me, the reply area is usually there.  When I start to type, the box disappears all together.   Refresh page, and it's there again but literally disappears.   Not grayed out, but gone.   The box I'm typing in right now is not disappearing, so I am able to type.  But 99% of the other forums don't let me reply.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@scepter19 

Try another browser to rule out a browser issue.

Try switching between the "new" message format and the "classic" format.

If you are using a mobile device, try switching between browser and app, or try different browser modes (mobile, classic or desktop).

Try responding to messages on ebay.ca instead of ebay.com.

Try responding to messages directly from your email if you have eBay messages forwarded to your email. Reply to the email itself rather than using the blue "reply" button in the message.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I would rather eBay just fixed their b******* instead of sending people to a page for some random Jackal tells them a work around period I need to find a work around for ebay all together **bleep** junk site

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There is actually a place in your listing for the buyer to make an offer.  Did the buyer use that, or did he just message about possibly making an offer? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply