cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search Not Working Properly

I use the Advanced Search because my keywords for items I search for are saved there. Today when I check the box by Title and description under Advanced Search I get the message: We looked everywhere

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

If I uncheck that box then the search will work. I guess ebay has removed this function from the Advanced Search. It still works on the regular Search Bar before you go into Advanced Search. I don't use the regular Search Bar though anymore since ebay removed the option to have our keywords for items we search for remembered there.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

The title and description search box is indeed currently not working on the Advanced Search page.

You can still perform a general search by not checking that box. On the search results page, check the "Include description" box under the search bar and search again to see results that match your keywords in the title and description.

Then bookmark or save the search so you can avoid having to go through those extra steps each time.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

And you also can't view Newest Listings on many searches - the drop-down selector to pick this option vs. Ending Soonest is grayed out and you can't select it.  Come on, eBay - whatever you did last night that broke everything just needs to be rolled back!!!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

And you also can't view Newest Listings on many searches - the drop-down selector to pick this option vs. Ending Soonest is grayed out and you can't select it.

Those sort options are working for me on the Advanced Search page, and also on the search results page. If one is not working for you, use the other. Or try another browser.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Advanced Search is not working properly.  I search an entire subcategory every day. I click '240 items per page' it gives me 50.  It no longer shows me shipping costs.  It no longer shows ending time.  This is a disaster for me.  If I can't search and find items quickly I lose money.  eBay loses money.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I search an entire subcategory every day. I click '240 items per page' it gives me 50. It no longer shows me shipping costs. It no longer shows ending time.

Make sure you are searching using a keyword. Otherwise you are just browsing a category.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

HI-I get the same thing when I try the advanced search. When I do a regular search I get results but they are not useful or complete and they all have a blue heart shaped icon that I think indicates as coming from a favorite seller listing.  I have tried to find out what the blue heart icon to the right of the listing means and would appreciate some info on that. I don't use a favorite seller listing as I want to find all new items listed by all sellers in my area of interest and have learned that is not a useful filter to me. In the past when I get the blue heart icons my search is useless. The regular search is broken as well.

These problems seems to only apply to ebay.com as the advanced search for Canada and the UK work fine. 

Thanks for listing the link to technical issues.  I called ebay yesterday and they put a ticket out for me but I could not find anything on the discussion boards about it till I found the link to the technical issues and also wonder hoe to find that myself in future. Thanks 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

When I do a regular search I get results but they are not useful or complete

Could you describe a bit about what is not useful or complete? There may be things you can do to make the results more relevant.

I have tried to find out what the blue heart icon to the right of the listing means and would appreciate some info on that.

Blue hearts (or heart outline icons) mean different things in different places. At the top of search results they can indicate (or be used to select) a saved search or a saved seller.

A blue heart on an item listing indicates a listing on your Watch List.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I don't have  a watch list though and have not saved favorite sellers for years. So I think they are just arbitrary items being presented to me and are on every single listing shown to me like clothing and toys and I collect paper items.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Here is a photo of the icon on every single one of the listings presentedthe heart icon to the lower right of every listingthe heart icon to the lower right of every listing

to me

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

You can use those heart outline icons shown in the search results to add any of those items to your Watch List. If you add an item to your Watch List, the heart will then appear as a solid blue or black heart.

The first item is now on my Watch List:

eburtonlab_0-1654274284475.png

Listings without heart outline icons are variation listings where you have to select one variation in order to be able to add it to your Watch List.

Every user account has a Watch List, even if you have not used it yet. You can find yours here:

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/watchlist

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Not only does the "search title and content" option not work, but the "list newest" option no longer gives a correct date sequence

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I wonder if they are going to fix this problem or if it was disabled intentionally.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I wonder if they are going to fix this problem or if it was disabled intentionally.

If it had been disabled intentionally, eBay would have removed the option altogether rather than having it still appear but end up resulting in an error page when used. And the same option on the search results page would not still be working.

If eBay does not fix the "search title and description" option in the next week or so that might be a sign that eBay is redesigning the Advanced Search page. It might be a good idea to find another way to save all those old search keywords that you can only access through the current Advanced Search page.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Whatever eBay did earlier this week broke so many things with the Search functions in Firefox.  I'm seeing some strange results in Edge as well.  Haven't seen any major issues on the app in my iPhone, but that's just not a viable option for the multiple complex searches that I perform several times per day from saved URLs.  I'm just about ready to give up on eBay if they don't fix this ... and I'm tired of the "try another browser" answer.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply