cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay community platform- user friendly re-design needed

I find the community board helpful and I am glad if i can help others but i find that the design is confusing. i see many posts every week that are removed to their correct category by ebay administrators.  if the category sub category formats were designed to be more prominent and user friendly it would probably be much easier for ebayers to use and the administrators could spend more time answering questions.  I also see many old posts that come up that are no longer relevant when i enter a search - why doesnt it come up by the most recent dates first?   Most relevant doesnt matter if it is 4 years oid.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: ebay community platform- user friendly re-design needed

As far as the threads being moved to proper categories, that is done by a private contractor--Khoros. The moderators are not eBay employees per se, and they do not answer any questions on the discussion boards. The eBay employees who work with the community will move a thread only rarely, and the few times I've seen a thread moved by an eBay employee would not interfere with the time they spend answering questions.

People post threads in the wrong categories all the time; for example, sellers post every single topic on the Selling board, even if it's a log-in question or something that should obviously be on the Technical Issues board. They post questions about the GSP on the Selling board, when it's obviously a topic for the Shipping & Returns board. They don't care, because, well, they sell, right? So anything that enters their heads should go on the Selling board. It wouldn't matter how many categories or sub-categories or how specific or well defined they are--people post wherever they want.

In fact, eBay employees--generally speaking--respond to specific threads only when called upon to do so by someone tagging them in the thread. They are tasked with explaining eBay's position on specific policies or procedures--not to address members' individual problems with specific transactions or accounts, etc. That's a job for customer service.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply