cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adventurer under my name boofboutique

My name is boofboutique since 2009. I sell clothing. I noticed several years ago that it says adventurer under my name. I have never put it there or gave anyone permission to put it there. It doesn't even make any since (adventurer) that has nothing to do with a boutique or clothing, You can not get in contact with anyone that can handle this to remove it, Any advise?I think Ebay has a real problem.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is nothing nefarious about the name. It is just a reflection of how active you are on the posting boards.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is nothing nefarious about the name. It is just a reflection of how active you are on the posting boards.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just an update. The above post launched me from Adventurer to Brainiac. Maniac is probably closer to the truth.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I see "Thrill-Seeker."

When ebay come up with these designations for how active an ebayer was on the boards, many of us protested and thought it was "childish."  They didn't agree with us.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@boofboutique 

The name is the ranking eBay gives a user and it is based on what you do here. It can't be removed. 

Here is eBay's link that explains the program:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Community-Recognition-Program/m-p/26252980#U2...

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

read here badges and ranks , it should help in studying this babysitting tool

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I am actually ambivalent about the badges. The only reason I know mine is because I get an alert.

At least the badges don't hurt! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply