cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who mixed up threads on some of the boards?

The Updated dates are all mixed up. Threads with posts today are below threads with posts from several days ago.

I tried resaving my preferences but it didn't clear it up. I'm getting a severe headache trying to things from today that seem to have moved clear to the bottom and taken over by threads moved from other boards and not put in the proper place.

If you are gonna move them at least put them where they belong in date order.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Who mixed up threads on some of the boards?

I sort all the boards by "Topic Start Date," and I've noticed those being out of order, too, from time to time.

Right now, for example, page one of the Selling board threads are in this order (for me, anyway):

TOPIC START DATE
September 16
September 15
August 30
September 11
September 11
September 12
September 12
September 13
August 12
September 11
September 13
September 13
July 26
September 10
September 11
September 15
September 15
September 16

And the rest of the page finishes out with threads from September 16.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@readabouthorses, @pburn  ... Multiple choice works well in this situation

1. Subtrefuge

2. Diversion

3. Ineptitude

4. Scrambled Thread Eggs

5. Someone turned on the "randomizer"

6. There was a "Super Moon" over the weekend ...

7. Summer interns returned to college ... nobody left knows how to run the site

8. Just seeing who's paying attention

9. Glitch

10. It's the predecessor to a new roll out ... UH OH!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Those are funny ... and probably some are true.

I found out the guilty party ... when I went to the Seller Hub Board I see that Trinton has moved a ton of threads .. looks like most of them to the Selling Board and Payments Board and maybe the Shipping Board.

Now they are all out of order and when they get moved they become NEW THREADS in bold so I have to muck around in them to find my place again.

Which brings up another question .. once the mods move that many threads don't they have the ability to resort the whole board so that threads fall into their proper places so that September 10 as the last update on one thread doesn't come before September 16 on another thread 10 spots down???? I tried forcing a resort from my preferences but it didn't seem to work. I even tried closing my browser and then coming back ... still a mess ... now I have a headache from trying to figure out my place in all those moved threads. UGH

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Confusing isn't it !!
I don't think you notice it as much if a Mod moves 1 posted thread here & there but when they go into a board like Seller hub and clean it up after a week or more & move them all at once it is confusing to see them all out of date on the boards they move them to
I asked about this a long time ago here and Alan explained why they had been out of order. 
So maybe they will fall into date order not sure

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/The-posts-are-mixing-dates-not-in-order/m-...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

What a mess, and totally unnecessary.  There should at least be a time limit on when a thread can be relocated, maybe 12 hours after it starts or surely no more than 24 hours after the most recent post.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @readabouthorses

Please share some examples so we can investigate. Screenshots will be super helpful. 

Many thanks! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

D396EB31-5C87-4E5C-AC79-C76707584B56.png

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

7C443276-48E8-4774-9949-3F24E64AFC48.png

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

7C443276-48E8-4774-9949-3F24E64AFC48.png

HEY!  I LIKE this post!!!  Worthy of a repeat LOL! ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the screenshots. I can't see the URL in the screenshot. What board was it?

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

alan@ebay 

As I mentioned in my earlier post, mainly the Selling Board and the Payments Board. Might have been a few on the Shipping Board.

I didn't open every thread that Trinton moved on the Seller Hub board to see where they were moved but most went to Selling and Payments.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The first was the seller board, then the shipping board. I didn’t check the others.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks everyone for the information. We've discovered the cause of this issue where so many threads appeared out of order and we're going to improve our process for moving threads. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply