cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s up with the boards?

This time? 

Red banners, can’t connect to servers etc...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Yep, folks over on the Soapbox are also complaining.  And, it seems to be getting worse, not better. 

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

doug@ebay  I was sent over to this thread by Alan so here's my input. 

1. Pics below of errors for almost a week now

2. Once I click Post the screen freezes and when I try to go anywhere I get the one page loading error below ... when I hit the browser back arrow button I go back to the thread page and my Post is recorded and posted.

3. If I try to click anything too quickly after a screen change, to like a notification link, I get one of the page will nto oad errors. 

4. These errors happen with both IE and Firefox

5. The link from the bottom of My eBay page is less then 25% effective, had to add the Community Home page to My Favorites / Bookmarks which gets me in quicker.

6. When I click Help for someone's post it sits there and does nothing but if I wait long enough it records.

7. Picture loading aften will freeze (just did it again) and if I choose more than one pic at a time it locks up ... I try them one at a time and slowly ...

8. The survey pic, the first time it popped up froze when I click yes to do the survey

Screenshot (1108).pngScreenshot (1105).pngScreenshot (1107).pngScreenshot (1109).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 32 of 45
latest reply

I've had some loading issues or lack of loading issues.  Not today so much, but the last couple days.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 33 of 45
latest reply

@mr_lincolnwrote:

doug@ebay  I was sent over to this thread by Alan so here's my input. 

1. Pics below of errors for almost a week now

2. Once I click Post the screen freezes and when I try to go anywhere I get the one page loading error below ... when I hit the browser back arrow button I go back to the thread page and my Post is recorded and posted.

3. If I try to click anything too quickly after a screen change, to like a notification link, I get one of the page will nto oad errors. 

4. These errors happen with both IE and Firefox

5. The link from the bottom of My eBay page is less then 25% effective, had to add the Community Home page to My Favorites / Bookmarks which gets me in quicker.

6. When I click Help for someone's post it sits there and does nothing but if I wait long enough it records.

7. Picture loading aften will freeze (just did it again) and if I choose more than one pic at a time it locks up ... I try them one at a time and slowly ...

8. The survey pic, the first time it popped up froze when I click yes to do the survey

Screenshot (1108).pngScreenshot (1105).pngScreenshot (1107).pngScreenshot (1109).png

lol

Problem

Problem

Problem

Problem

Survey!

The best part is that I took the survey.....answered the questions.....even took time to type out a fairly long, detailed comment. Click enter......"Sorry your survey could not be processed" or something along those lines.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

Oh good thought I was the only one with the hmmm can't reach page

I am trying to give a helpful & get this

think I will hang it up for the night & hope for a better tomorrow

board 3-18 helpful.JPG

And this on so many of the pages 

board issues 3-18.JPG

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

Sorry all - still working on a fix for this. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

alan@ebay

alan@ebaywrote:

Thank you Alan, we know its being worked on ... just nice they get our feedback listing the errors.  We certainly don't blame you for this, however, we would like to blame someone ... who's turn is it this week?  Me? Trinton?  Tyler?  Doug?  We're flexible with where we place the blame ...

doug@ebay

Regards,
Message 37 of 45
latest reply

@mr_lincoln, if you feel you need to blame someone, you can blame me as the tech manager.

We are actively working on the issues internally and with Lithium.

@mr_lincoln wrote:

alan@ebay

alan@ebaywrote:

Thank you Alan, we know its being worked on ... just nice they get our feedback listing the errors.  We certainly don't blame you for this, however, we would like to blame someone ... who's turn is it this week?  Me? Trinton?  Tyler?  Doug?  We're flexible with where we place the blame ...

doug@ebay

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Hello and I, too, having problem with all of a sudden when I click to go to next topic an error message, then without clicking on refresh or whatever, it jumps and fixes itself. My main concern is I now have an unsecured site (doesn't say secured like it used to?). It isn't my system. It used to have the secure site note at the top. And I know my Store has never had the secure https but believe ebay is fixing that in the future with the new "stores"?. Thanks.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Plus it is taking a long time to even sign into ebay over the past few days?

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed, mine seems to be back to normal.  For the last 20 minutes or so, anyway.

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

Fingers crossed, mine seems to be back to normal.  For the last 20 minutes or so, anyway.

alan@ebay   doug@ebay 

Same here, back to normal like before the past couple of days. No delays, no error messages.

Same on eBay.ca Canada. Did not notice any slow issues this morning.

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

doug@ebay

doug@ebaywrote:

@mr_lincoln, if you feel you need to blame someone, you can blame me as the tech manager.

We are actively working on the issues internally and with Lithium.

@mr_lincolnwrote:

alan@ebay

alan@ebaywrote:

doug@ebay

Just kidding of course Doug ... a little levity now and then is good for the soul ... at times I am sure its a daunting task getting everything running like a well oiled machine ... or in your case, the programming and electronics with a clean line of power ... not to mention having to tolerate the moaning and groaning from The Community ...

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Thanks for the updates all. It has been pretty smooth all afternoon. We're going to keep an eye on it, so let us know if you experience anything strange. 

Thanks again for your patience. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

@dtexley3wrote:

The issue seems to be tied to session authentication, when it hangs, it appears that it's taking mutliple attempts for the browser to get the community server to accept the session information.

alan@ebay  whoops, replied to wrong post, sorry @pocomocomputing

D, good morning,  looks to be lithium reformating the regular discussion boards to be like and act like the member-to-member boards.  I can see where this type formating could be more helpful in understanding which post is being responded to.    

Message 45 of 45
latest reply