cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weeky Chat......... George is gettin' Upset

After reading each and every question on today's "weekly chat" I've come to understand that most all questions asked were given a vague answer,  answers to this effect... "We'll Look into this", "We are working on this", "We'll pass this along to the proper department", "We will bring this up at our next meeting", "We will let you know"..... on and on.  Instead of these Mop Swingers manning these Chat Boards, Why not get some real eBay Blue Shirts who have real answers to members questions? My Question was concerning the now 6th day without TRS badge or MBG on my listings, The answer?  "We're working on it, Watch for Changes" What does this mean? Changes to what?  Can you just vision what would happen if you told YOUR Customers this? Am I the only one who thinks eBay is hiding something?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Weeky Chat......... George is gettin' Upset

110 views but only 1 response, Now i know for sure whats going on here. Thank You.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi victorjunkman 55,

Hey, I used to be a mop pusher. That's how I worked my way through college. In a sense we ARE the custodians of the community, so thanks for the compliment.

I actually see a lot of questions that get answered on the community chats.

We are here to help you get answers to your questions. If you're not getting the answers you need, you can certainly go to your peers on any of the message boards. You can also contact eBay customer service.

We have a very passionate and dedicated team that are working hard to support a large community. Right now, we dedicate 60 minutes a week to address questions from members. Three to five people a week work to manage answers that come in during those 60 minutes. We answer what we can. If we know of an issue we can address it. Many issues have to do with specific account details, or issues where we have to go to other teams for help. A lot of times we have to say "we'll get back to you." We really don't want to give the "wrong" answer.

Personally, I'd rather hear "I don't know" than not get an answer that helps. But I know my team will work to get an answer. We have differing levels of eBay knowledge, but sorry we're now experts. Even Griff doesn't know all, and he's on our team.

The Community team is not hiding anything. For the first time in years there is a dedicated team here to help out. We won't always have the answers but we'll always work to do what we can.

And again, this is a peer to peer community, with members helping members. We're here to support as much as we can but we are a very small team.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Doug

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

After reading each and every question on today's "weekly chat" I've come to understand that most all questions asked were given a vague answer,  answers to this effect... "We'll Look into this", "We are working on this", "We'll pass this along to the proper department", "We will bring this up at our next meeting", "We will let you know"..... on and on.  Instead of these Mop Swingers manning these Chat Boards, Why not get some real eBay Blue Shirts who have real answers to members questions? My Question was concerning the now 6th day without TRS badge or MBG on my listings, The answer?  "We're working on it, Watch for Changes" What does this mean? Changes to what?  Can you just vision what would happen if you told YOUR Customers this? Am I the only one who thinks eBay is hiding something?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

As a 6 year eBay member with an GED, I know better. I'm sorry Mr. Doug, I just can't believe you. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm telling you I don't believe you. I have been lied to, Hung up on, Banned, yet I persist in trying to sell my wares here on eBay. I am not a smart man sir, but know a hoodwink when I see it. Thank you for your reply, a litle light in a dark cave.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I DID NOT ACCEPT THIS AS A SOLUTION !! But nice try.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I find it odd I address this Issue to my fellow eBay members on the community boards, only to be Intercepted by eBay Staff, and not a single response from any eBay member.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I have the same view as you do about the chats , the only thing you missed was , it will be fixed "soon" .

It has been this way for quite some time now .

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

110 views but only 1 response, Now i know for sure whats going on here. Thank You.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@victorjunkman55

< Am I the only one who thinks eBay is hiding something >   

You asked about your TRS badge and the MBG statement.  I don't know, of course, but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd guess that they've mishandled the computer program that is eBay.  Seems like they're always tinkering with it.  There must be millions of lines of code, with links and loops and gotos all over the place.  If they're hiding anything, I think they'd be trying to downplay their mistakes while trying to correct them.  They don't give you a definitive answer because they don't have one, but they're plugging away, "working on it" as they say.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@gosimus thank you for your response, I think I'm getting on someones nerves so I'm done here, but I have learned so much with a single post. Good Luck to you.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@victorjunkman55, we'll get you an answer as soon as we know something.

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@victorjunkman55, we'll get you an answer as soon as we know something.

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

Oh em gee, I laughed so hard, I woke up the cat.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Tomorrow is June 1st maybe it will all be fixed. They are working now to June 2017 eBay will turn off all active content in listings. Changed to June used to say June 1st so their must be a big problem in fixing this
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Buying Guides needs attention.  All of us have been trying to upload photos in our guide and "Uploading" just spins forever and ever.  Looks like it has been an issue since 2013.  None of us have any hair left to pull.  Please help!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

#covfefe?  daggnabbit?  I had to help you.  I reported the problem, and I'll keep on it and we'll see if they can get it fixed timely.  I just ran into that myself, so thanks for posting about it. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I've always thought you were plenty smart, Victor.  You know your stuff.  And I agree you sure know how to persist.  Try not to read too much into the vague responses on the Weekly Chat.  The people who are typing those responses are the good guys trying to help.  But they can't beat the solutions out of their co-workers.  They have to be patient while other people do their jobs.  You know how it goes.  And the old crew who did all the banning and slapping are gone, replaced by this new lot who earnestly seem to want to help.  So what the heck, maybe we should give them a chance. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply