cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Chat synopsis at the top after chat closes.

As someone who is rarely able to actually participate in a weekly chat when it's 'live' I really find this new canned synopsis at the top annoying as all heck.

I much prefer to actually READ the posts and responses as then I can see which poster asked the question etc.

Can I ask why anyone thought this was a good idea? For those too lazy to bother reading the actual chat?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Weekly Chat synopsis at the top after chat closes.

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @myjunqueyourtreasure,

If you want to read the chat in full, you can. It begins right underneath the synopsis. The synopses have been received well and users have given them many Helpful ratings. This is the first time I've seen a complaint about it. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I had stopped reading the chats because of to many back and forth and repeated questions. This is the first I’ve heard of the synopsis. I like that you have both.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No problem, I'll just skip reading it and go to the actual chat itself.

I'm kind of used to always being the outlier lol

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

No problem, I'll just skip reading it and go to the actual chat itself.

I'm kind of used to always being the outlier lol

We welcome all! grin

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I expected your sentence to end differently:

As someone who is rarely able to actually participate in a weekly chat when it's 'live' I really find this new canned synopsis at the top TERRIFIC, not "annoying as all heck." Isn't the synopsis intended for people just like you who are rarely able to participate?  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply