cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views on these Posts

I see where they have a total number of views counter next to the title of each post on here.  Does anybody know if that's actual views by human beings, or are 95% of those total views just internet forum bots?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Views on these Posts

My clicking on this post just raised the view from 8 to 9, even though I had nothing to say, until now in order to report that, whereupon the view count will probably be 10.

My instinct is that it's mostly organic views.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Unless you and I and everyone else here is an internet bot.  Maybe no actual humans are lookig at eBay anymore.  I haven't seen anyone suggest that as a reason for the site-wide sales slump, outside of the guy who sells everything for $1.99 and tells everyone elae their prices are too high.  Anyway, hats off to you chapeau for your investigative endeavors.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I definitely get humans looking at stuff - they are displaying human characteristics.  Many human characteristics.  I don't think we've quite gotten there yet.  ----->

3a30f08dedd4c0d1b639a70b235e3031d1316c1f_2_1035x582.jpeg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What would be  the reason for "bot" views on forum posts?

I see no possible reason.

I viewed, and backed out, and viewed, and backed out, and viewed, and backed out, and the count increased by 3, but I have no way to know if the count was from my views, or a "bot" view.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

All the views on the Community are from people who are viewing Community and not bots.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply