cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifying Mods

Just realized:  When I notify mods about a post selling junk, vitamins etc, no longer see that message "Moderators notified".  Does that mean I just wasted my time? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Notifying Mods

Seems that is what I always see 🙂

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

yes

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Just realized:  When I notify mods about a post selling junk, vitamins etc, no longer see that message "Moderators notified".  Does that mean I just wasted my time? 

@kh-cathy : You moved this thread but you didn't answer the question...? It was intended for you, after all...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I think that message appeared the last time I reported a post, though it is possible that when the page reloaded the start of the post was at the top of the page, and the "moderator notified" message above it was just off the screen.

Next time I report a post I will try scrolling up to see if the message still appears.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just reported a post and the message did appear on screen for an instant before the page shifted so that the start of the message was at the top of the page. Scrolling up, the message is still there.

eburtonlab_0-1675177251939.png

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Since I have admin access, I can't quite picture what you all see when you report a post. So I'm not sure what you mean by "wasting time" @soh.maryl 

I'm trying to understand if there's a bug or something is broken in the workflow.

Any post that's reported as inappropriate goes straight to the top of the Moderators view so they can take action right away. 

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

If you don't see the message, and you're still on the Report page, then you did not successfully submit the report.

This happens to me sometimes. I just click the Send button again, and it goes through, and then I get the Moderators notified message.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'm trying to understand if there's a bug or something is broken in the workflow.

Not exactly broken, just not ideal.

Once a post has been reported using the "Report inappropriate content" link, the "moderator notified" message appears when the page reloads, however the page is anchored to the top of the original post. Since the "moderator notified" message appears above the start of the original post, the screen must be scrolled up at that point to in order to see that message.

If the newly loaded page was anchored to a point above the "moderator notified" message rather than to the top the original post, the message would be viewable without scrolling.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Previously, when I've notified mods about one of those posts, I got a "Moderator Notified" message.  Last few days, that message is missing.  

My question was, if the mod was not being notified, am I wasting time with this action? 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

If the newly loaded page was anchored to a point above the "moderator notified" message rather than to the top the original post, the message would be viewable without scrolling.

Or if the moderator notified message appeared above the post that was reported instead of above the OP ...

I'd rather see the notification message move than lose my anchored spot on the page while reading a discussion. If I report post number 10 because a spammer has come in to post some spammy links, I don't want to be taken to the top of the page just to see a mod notified message and have to scroll to find where I left off reading.

If it's not possible to put the mod notified message above the post that was reported (custom build, slows down page load, costs money, etc) then my vote is to leave things the way they are.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Or if the moderator notified message appeared above the post that was reported instead of above the OP

I think that the "moderator notified" message does actually appear above the reported post, not the original post. But once the page has loaded, you still need to scroll up to see it.

Most of the posts I report are the original post in the thread, typically spammers. I will try to find a reportable reply post to verify that the message appears above the reported post.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

I think that the "moderator notified" message does actually appear above the reported post, not the original post. But once the page has loaded, you still need to scroll up to see it.

Ah, I get what you're saying! Yeah that might be right. I'm going to report this post after I publish it to see what happens.

OK, tested and confirmed that for me the message appears at the top above the OP even though I reported this post #13. So I can't see the mod notified message unless I scroll all the way up.

modnotified.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Gotcha, I see exactly what you're saying!

I randomly picked post #9 and reported it, but I asked the mods to not action, of course. Once you submit, it goes to the post you reported but the message "moderator notified" is all the way at the top. So you would have to scroll to the top to see the green message. This isn't ideal at all because the reporter would have no idea that the message was sent.

I don't think it's a bug, but working as expected, though it's not ideal.  I'll bring this to the attention to our TAM to see if there's anything we can do, otherwise I'll submit this in the idea exchange for Khoros Community and hopefully others will agree and Khoros will pick up this enhancement.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 14 of 14
latest reply