cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any wan to cancel Khoros eBay community account?

Like the title says, eBay automatically signs me into Khoros and I would like to cancel that. Is is that possible?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Is there any wan to cancel Khoros eBay community account?

@pixzee wrote:

Like the title says, eBay automatically signs me into Khoros and I would like to cancel that. Is is that possible?

Not that I'm aware of, although you could try sending a PM to one of the moderators and asking. 

I have not actually seen an automatic log in, though. To log in, you still need to provide your password (which generally goes by almost without your noticing if your browser is storing it, such as Chrome does). If you log out (click on your avatar image at upper right, then select "Sign out" from the little pulldown menu), that will log out your eBay session as well.

(The reverse is not true, though: logging out of your eBay session does not log you out of the Khoros Community as well. That you must do from here.)

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

@pixzee wrote:

@pixzee,

Technically, what is happening is that if you have an active eBay.com login cookie, then Khoros uses that login cookie to connect you to your eBay account on the eBay community. Sometimes, it works the other way around too ... it used to always work both ways, but lately, I have found that a Community cookie doesn't carry over to eBay.com, now it only seems to work one way.

The easiest way to prevent the automatic login is to use a different browser for the community than you do for your eBay account, and make sure that you log out (of each one) before you close the browser window. It's a good idea to set the browser to delete cookies automatically when you close it, but its still better to log off manually, because It seems less likely to get a persistent cookie that way.

However, its kind of hard to remember to use a different browser all the time. If you don't want to be automatically logged in to the community, you need to make sure that you log out of your eBay account before you open any eBay community page. I haven't found any other way to prevent it from automatically logging in to the community.

If even logging out of your eBay account doesn't seem to work, then you probably have a persistent cookie. You can get rid of that by opening your browser cookie management screen, and deleting all eBay cookies.

You can search for cookies with the "ebay" keyword, and then delete all of them. Don't use a domain in the search (for example, don't include .com, or .co.uk) and this way it will delete all login (and any other) cookies on all eBay websites that you may have visited.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Get into your ebay settings and uncheck the box "Sign me in automatically to Community discussion areas"

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/signin-preferences 

Then sign out of both, clear cookies, restart device etc.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

might have to remove community 3rd party permission too:

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/third-party-app-access 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Get into your ebay settings and uncheck the box "Sign me in automatically to Community discussion areas"

Then sign out of both, clear cookies, restart device etc.

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

might have to remove community 3rd party permission too:

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/third-party-app-access 

@crazystuff4saleand @pixzee 

That doesn't work. I don't have (and never had) those options checked, and I always get logged in automatically if I am logged into my account on eBay.com when I come to the community.

I remember complaining to the Community team when they started doing this, and the answer was basically "Sorry, that's how it works."

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

It didn’t work for me. I did what you advised. Unchecked automatic sign-in. Cleared cookies. Signing out of community signs me out of my ebay account. I wish to unlink it too.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

@crazystuff4saleand @pixzee 

That doesn't work. I don't have (and never had) those options checked, and I always get logged in automatically if I am logged into my account on eBay.com when I come to the community.

I remember complaining to the Community team when they started doing this, and the answer was basically "Sorry, that's how it works."

I chose that answer too soon because I was unsure if I would be able to after I chose that option. But you are right, IT DOES NOT WORK.

If some thing is broke it's seems rather silly to say "that's how it works",  

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Do they (khoros) have a right to track you and sell your info? Just makes me wonder as it seems to work that way purposefully without people realizing .  What is the option in the account for if it doesn’t work?

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Many people use a Posting ID (create an ebay account that you only use for posting in the Community.)

To avoid confusion, like being logged into the wrong account when posting, use a different browser for Community activity.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Many people use a Posting ID (create an ebay account that you only use for posting in the Community.)

To avoid confusion, like being logged into the wrong account when posting, use a different browser for Community activity.

@crazystuff4sale  -- I'm pretty sure that's what I said earlier.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, I still haven't received an answer.

I will have to call eBay.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@pixzee wrote:

I chose that answer too soon because I was unsure if I would be able to after I chose that option. But you are right, IT DOES NOT WORK. If some thing is broke it's seems rather silly to say "that's how it works",  

@pixzee 

Go to the post you chose as the solution. In the upper right-hand corner of that specific post, you'll see a little down arrow in a circle. Hover over that. A menu will drop down that looks like the one below. Click on "Not the Solution." The post will be deselected as the solution, and you may choose another post as the solution or leave the thread unsolved.

Untitled.png

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I wish. Ebay is not allowing me to craete posting id. I tried. They always take it down even if it was never usef to post here . Even if I could create new posting id then I have to figure how to log this one out. No?

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@pixzee,

If you find a way to stop from being automatically logged in to the community, please share it here.

I would like to know how to do that too.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply