cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch in This Forum (on my phone) where it constantly adds in extra paragraph lines

This started right after I did my last Android update a couple weeks ago. I was hoping it would fix itself but it hasn't and it's been driving me absolutely insane anytime I spend time on this forum. I will add that I rarely use my laptop for anything and do all of my eBay listing/shipping and web browsing on my phone.

Right after the update whenever I am typing anything on this forum every few seconds or so it adds extra spaces between my paragraphs (even if I haven't added a second paragraph It's still add spaces below and above whatever I'm typing). I'm spending the majority of the time deleting these lines that are appearing and sometimes it will fill up over a hundred lines of empty space within a minute or two of typing something. Like a ghosting is hitting "enter" above and below any paragraphs MANY times a minute.

I am mostly forced to type all of my replies in a separate notepad app. And then I paste my reply over and even then it will add extra lines many times before I can hit the post button. Some of you may have noticed how far away my paragraphs tend to be and that's even when I'm copying it straight over and trying to post it within a few seconds.

Also it will delete photographs I post within about 5-10 seconds if I don't immediately hit reply as soon as I put them in.

I guess it shows how addicted to this forum I am then I continue to browse it and reply to people despite dealing with this. I was really hoping it would get fixed by now. I haven't experienced it in any other app or website besides this forum.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Glitch in This Forum (on my phone) where it constantly adds in extra paragraph lines

I forgot to mention I am using a Samsung S21 Plus if that helps. This all started January 20th as soon as my phone did its last update (but I have not seen the problem on any other platform/website).

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Glitch in This Forum (on my phone) where it constantly adds in extra paragraph lines

@sapphire_studio wrote:

Yeah I did type it slowly as well, for some reason I don't think you can message her. But I was able to message Sheila easily and sent the video. Thank you so much for your help!

sheila@ebay I just sent a video. Thank you!!

Love the show 'Friends.' 😉

We'll get a ticket open for this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Hahahaa it must have recorded the Audio I had no idea! Yeah binge watching that show right now 😂

Thank you for all your help!!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

Do you know what to put for who to send it to? Neither of these choices are working.

@sapphire_studio - Nicole does not have PMs enabled which is why you couldn't send the video to her. If you click on someone's profile and don't see a send message button then they disabled PMs for their account (something anybody can do if they wish). Sheila is the only one out of the regular team (Kyle, Devon, Elizabeth, Nicole) that has PMs enabled. The others turn them off because if they didn't they'd be inundated with pleas for help and account-specific issues.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 19
latest reply