cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Follow Up

doug@ebay

Following up on this post as the chat is locked.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Jan-16-from-1-00-pm-PT-Gene...

"when you click on the main chat link at the board level, it should take you to the first unread response"

That was my point. I read all the responses... 2 new ones were posted... I click on the main chat link at the board level and it keeps taking me back to that specific post... it's not taking me to the first unread post. The system is not recognizing previously read messages in that forum.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Chat Follow Up

And now it's back to normal... defaulting to first post if I read all messages in the thread... but for the better part of the hour it was not recognizing read messages in that forum.

This happens a lot. Topics in a specific forum will stay bold even if all posts were read (and ID is logged in). Eventually it resolves itself, but it does happen a lot.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Chat Follow Up

@beardedbovine please keep me posted on this. You can respond to this thread with any posts, details and times, and I can look into it.

Thanks!

@beardedbovine wrote:

And now it's back to normal... defaulting to first post if I read all messages in the thread... but for the better part of the hour it was not recognizing read messages in that forum.

This happens a lot. Topics in a specific forum will stay bold even if all posts were read (and ID is logged in). Eventually it resolves itself, but it does happen a lot.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Chat Follow Up

I will, thanks. I hope others will do the same if they see this issue.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Chat Follow Up

This is happening right now on the buying board- it started about 10 minutes ago at 5:00 pm.

I am the last poster to the "What do I do?" thread and there were only a few replies before I posted. The topic should not be bold. When I click on the thread it takes me to my post #5 instead of the OP as it should when there are no unread posts.

unread-board-glitch.jpg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Chat Follow Up

Twenty minutes after it started it's back to normal.

unread-board-glitch.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply