cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there too many changes being made at the same time?

It strikes me odd that the new Community format was implemented just before the Spring Seller update.  Learning the new Community format is a job in and of itself, trying to figure out where things are, trying to REMEMBER where things are and trusting that it works properly.  Add the Spring Seller update to the equation,  how it is presented and laid out here is confusing in my mind.

And of course the Chat was cancelled the week of the Seller Update but that's been going on for quite a while.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Are there too many changes being made at the same time?

people were saying the same thing a year ago about MP and something else.

I do not think the avegae ebayer comes to these forums so its really not much new

the forums for now are kind of frustrating sort of.its hard to really see whats a hot topic.

I was hoping there woud have  been more ebay talk /input on the recent auction problems

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I'm more noticing everything else (not the forums) is looking more and more like the river. As if they could come in a buy ebay real easy. Number formats, invoicing, payments. It's all starting to look the same.

jp
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

The boards are not working properly (according to me).   If a response was given, or something was solved, you will never know unless you feel like scrolling to find the topic on whatever page it now resides.  In the Seller Update discussions, if you want an answer from the ebay staff, you basically have to tag them since they don't know either if new questions were added to any of those threads unless they open each one and start from the top (I think one can use a filter to start from the bottom though and work backwards).  You won't know if any of the questions in those threads were answered by staff or responded to by other members unless you open each one or happen to use your "not included in the enhancement" pencil and paper to record the number of responses to a thread  to see if the number increases after it is relegated to page 13 or page 33....as the case may be.    

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

EBay itself, they've been doing too many changes for awhile to be honest. And the MAJOR bugs are causing people to suffer. The shipping/service metrics glitch we were hit with recently caused a huge amount of loss, was confirmed by eBay, and of course they won't offer any assistance to compensate for the losses caused.

Regarding the boards, if nothing is done about the "new boards" they're simply intending for them to reduce in participation. In their feedback post we've documented many problems that have degraded the boards. I also documented how many of them could be fixed in literal seconds.

If they do not fix the readability problems on here, it's an intentional choice. And it means there's an intent to make posts harder to find, harder to read, and for them to drop off the first page (and receive less views) faster than ever.

I have no idea how these board changes were approved if this was intended to be an upgrade to begin with. It's design is the antithesis of community interaction.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Don't forget the new listing tool they're gonna force all of us to use in the next few months (which according to the folks who've tried it is a total clusterfudge that causes a significant increase in the time it takes to create a listing) and even more required & recommended item specifics coming soon, IMHO it's eBay's way of trying to keep us over-loaded with busy work so we don't notice FVF are going up again (2nd time in less than a year) and eBay will be shoving their hands even further into our pockets.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Mr. Lincoln,

You've been around the EB block many times, and seen many changes, eh?  Ebay will continue to make changes, (oops! improvements) Improvements are for the greater good (they say).

I hope yours and others brains and mine can hang in there, adapt, pick and choose, where we can, and figure out (when we didn't have to before) the best  of the best improvements to enhance our seller and customer experiences. Cheers!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@rockz1101 

adapt, pick and choose, where we can,

With no serious intention of quoting your post out of context, the above sort of "stuck out" for me.   The "pick and choose" seems to be more limited than ever, and often reminds me of  the choice of 'getting a poke in the eye or getting a poke in the other eye'.  The "choices" as to how to run your business here seem to be diminished  consistently.   I understand my view is based on 23 years of observation and indeed so influenced. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Oh Mr lincoln I'm so confused! This new community board has buglets!! 

My quote feature is gone, posters are now just filling out the header and leaving the body of content blank, some are posting spam and ads, and Ops continue to give solutions to themselves???? 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@rockz1101  I would copy your post but it doesn't work LOL!

This reply is also for @ittybitnot  

I am certainly not looking for more to do and this format has forced that so I've been backing my time down until they fix it.  I guess the disconnect I see is that Khoros is off programming in their little crystal palace and delivers a half baked non functioning product that is set up live and turns out to be a big surprise to the eBay Community Team, NOT JUST US USERS.   So that is the real disconnect I just simply don't understand.  Where is the oversight from both eBay and the Users PRIOR to any launch????

Regards,
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

When you get bored later, you can read a bit of the history for this "new board" program and where it came from.  Apparently, the old format was "hard to navigate and confusing".  You can read it here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/The-eBay-for-Business-Podcast/Episode-130-Managing-Old-Inventory-Intro...

However, to save some time I would suggest you scroll down though the transcript until you read the paragraph that starts with:  Sheila Dhake: When I first started, even though.........

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Now you have done it....committed the ultimate "faux pas" of posting to the wrong board....LOL!  

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@mr_lincoln I see that your post has already been moded and moved to it's new location. But this guy is still  allowed to hang around on the selling board, lurking at everybody all the time.

20210304_093556.jpg

I get the feeling that a lot of the new layout of individual posts within each board is designed to make it easier for the Khoros mods to view each thread at a quick glance without having to click on each one to see what's inside, and therefore that makes their job of moding and moving post to wherever that much easier. But I'm just guessing at this.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

@mr_lincoln I see that your post has already been moded and moved to it's new location. But this guy is still  allowed to hang around on the selling board, lurking at everybody all the time.

20210304_093556.jpg

I get the feeling that a lot of the new layout of individual posts within each board is designed to make it easier for the Khoros mods to view each thread at a quick glance without having to click on each one to see what's inside, and therefore that makes their job of moding and moving post to wherever that much easier. But I'm just guessing at this.

Let's be honest, most of the mods don't browse the forums regularly. They just get called to posts with reports/etc.

I understand the idea of moving posts to appropriate categories. But the OP was certainly not about "community platform feedback" unless you took a quick glance at it. It's about eBay as a whole. And the fashion in which they move posts is inconsistent to say the least. It's alarming when legitimate concerns are the posts that are moved, and the ones that are less important but do not belong on a specific forum are left. Your Elvis example is perfect. What does that have to do with selling...? But apparently it's allowed because it's not bringing eyes to legitimate issues.

It seems more likely that it's all following the status quo of making information harder to receive.

Is it a coincidence that discussion about difficulty finding and understand information on here with all the changes was... Picked up and moved to a place that is even harder for users to find? 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

When you get bored later, you can read a bit of the history for this "new board" program and where it came from.  Apparently, the old format was "hard to navigate and confusing".  You can read it here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/The-eBay-for-Business-Podcast/Episode-130-Managing-Old-Inventory-Intro...

However, to save some time I would suggest you scroll down though the transcript until you read the paragraph that starts with:  Sheila Dhake: When I first started, even though.........

@ittybitnot   Could not find the transcript of that podcast link ... and when you reference the "new board" do you mean the one rolled out this week OR the last one for The Community that replaced the older "Discussion Boards".  I was on the zoom call about this latest version, the eBay Community Team has their hands tied for certain aspects of the page format ... things relating to the eBay "brand" are sacred cows that they can't even change without the nod from levels way up top.  So I "get" that but general flow, text and font sizes and styles, confused flow, etc should still be under their purview but from what I see oversight and testing a BETA version before launching it live is not part of the deal.

Regards,
Message 15 of 23
latest reply