cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?

why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?  I know it is against policy to request feedback

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?

Maybe they are a movie star or someone famously infamous?

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?

@texashauntedhousecollectibles wrote:
would you leave feedback?

Yes. I leave it for every buyer as soon as I print shipping. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

around 150 since 2013. so not a heavy hitter HOWEVER they have had several Ebay user names which is kind of concerns me. Multiple names, private feedback, no items to sell .... the new ebay name bothers me too. This just does not feel good.

Is all this angst just about whether to leave them their positive or not?  Did you already ship, has it arrived, or is something else a problem?  How does not leaving feedback change anything?

Private feedback has always been around.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

guess one of the issues I had about considering cancelling the sale was the person is using a business name ... and has changed the name of the business 3 times since they opened the ebay account in 2013. almost like they got such a bad rep they had to continually change their name. very low buys from buyer at this point according to matrix
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

" I know it is against policy to request feedback"

False.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

guess one of the issues I had about considering cancelling the sale was the person is using a business name ... and has changed the name of the business 3 times since they opened the ebay account in 2013. almost like they got such a bad rep they had to continually change their name. very low buys from buyer at this point according to matrix

So this is more about wanting to cancel and not ship.  If they haven't asked to cancel, what reason would you have?  None of those things you mention are valid reasons to cancel without taking a defect, and are mostly speculation.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

no item was shipped, received, buyer left me feedback and sent message to leave them positive feedback
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Concerning sellers that change their name is not alarming, i have been a member of ebay since 2008 and in 6 months i changed mine 3 times as i finally have the perfect name for me bestvaluesa2z  I always leave a positive feedback buying or selling it is the ebay way, and those who don't leave feedbacks i consider a disrespect to everyone who buys or sells here on ebay.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

no item was shipped, received, buyer left me feedback and sent message to leave them positive feedback

Then just leave them feedback and call it a day.  I'm sorry, I don't understand your concern.  Buyers can ask for feedback if they want to, sellers can ask for feedback if they want to (not advised) but nothing there is a policy violation. 

Your transaction sounds finished to me, so I see no reason to withhold your feedback if you in the habit of leaving it for your buyers.  

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Since the buyer's feedback is private, just give a green donut with a + as the comment.  Since no one is going to see it, it hardly matters what it says as long as it is not a negative comment.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 25 of 25
latest reply