cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?

why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?  I know it is against policy to request feedback

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

why would a buyer ask me to leave feedback if all their feedback is marked private?

Buyer wants his number to go up by one. It is not against policy to ask a seller to leave feedback on a transaction the buyer had with the seller.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Who knows?  That is strange, but maybe they plan on selling at some point and to sell, you cannot have private feedback.

Just a thought.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@chipper01work wrote:

Buyer wants his number to go up by one. It is not against policy to ask a seller to leave feedback on a transaction the buyer had with the seller.

chipper, you are probably right.  That never occurred to me.  Wow, the value of one feedback boggles my mind.  Maybe we could send him a Kraken, LOL!

Is this a newbie buyer, OP?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Or they have made it private for a temporary basis and people will be able to see it again soon

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

i do know some people like to have their feedback private because they buy stuff  that they dont want other people to know about or embarressed by certain things lol

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Because as a kid he lost at everything. While his friends were winning at sports, education and girls. He found himself cowering in the corner in disgrace, a loser.

Now before he lays is head on the pillow at night, he cracks a half smile of satisfaction that someone recognized him, gave him a gold star if you will. However worthless, however insignificant, to him he won and is laughing at all of those doubted him. Collecting false praise with pride.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

It could be because the buyer wants to look at feedback sellers have received before deciding which seller to buy from.

The buyer is reminding the seller to leave feedback  because when more sellers leave feedback,  more buyers will leave feedback. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

would you leave feedback?
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I had thought about that also, but I just have "odd" feeling about the buyer to the point where I almost cancelled the sale because of "private feedback". They appear to be a current seller (intuition) under a different name ..... you know buys under one name sells under another.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I usually leave feedback, if not while processing the sale, by the end of the week. Hmmm .... interesting .... thank you all.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@texashauntedhousecollectibles wrote:
would you leave feedback?

Do you normally leave your buyers feedback?  If so, then yes, I would leave feedback.   It might also be a feedback fanatic that would leave you bad feedback for not receiving any.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

What difference does it make?

Leave it, don't leave it.

Speculation about private can go on and on. It can't be because of getting bad feedback. Buyer's don't get that. 

Radine

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

around 150 since 2013. so not a heavy hitter HOWEVER they have had several Ebay user names which is kind of concerns me. Multiple names, private feedback, no items to sell .... the new ebay name bothers me too. This just does not feel good.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Just reverse search for the buzz wordsitems from the buyers zip code closest first not real hard to find a person....

Message 15 of 25
latest reply