cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the amount that is recommended for the buyer to have to sign for an order?

what dollar amount does ebay recommend that the buyer signs for delivery ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

what is the amount that is recommended for the buyer to have to sign for an order?

Seller – When should I purchase signature confirmation in order to be protected against an item not received case or a payment dispute?

If the order has a total cost (including shipping costs and any taxes) of $750 or more, you're required to purchase signature confirmation to be protected if a buyer reports an item not received or opens a payment dispute. If you are shipping internationally, see the signature confirmation thresholds table below to see if signature confirmation is required for the shipment.

Buyer – When should I purchase signature confirmation for an item I want to return?

If the item was purchased on eBay.com and the total cost of the item was $750 or more, you are required to purchase signature confirmation to be protected under the eBay Money Back Guarantee. If the item was purchased on a different eBay site, see the signature confirmation thresholds table below for guidance on when to purchase signature confirmation.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's $750 but you can do less if it makes you feel comfortable.  Last time I needed it (sale was over 750) eBay wouldn't let me buy a label without it.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

if you do it for less than 750, note it changes nothing on seller protections.

Also you might annoy your buyer with unnecessary signature requirements that can lead to negative feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply