cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well i wont post again

i hope whoever just turned me in for selling duplicates is pleased with themselves.  just in case you would like to know.

i am a disabled widow with no other source of income and just got a 7 day restriction.  you may now do the happy dance.

the ebay dvd catalog does not work with turbolister, which i use.

I currently have several hundred dvds that wont upload because ebay wont recognize the number from the disc.

i have over 10,000 dvds to sell.  i closed a 35 year old video store 2 years ago.

i got permission from 3 different ebay cs last fall to use my image for discs with no covers, since so many sellers are listing dvds for 2 and 3 dollars, there is no way to sell with a cover a make a profit. 

byby

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: well i wont post again

a useful link to save. I check mine weekly.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

They have caught me before like minutes after listing. There was a glitch when I relisted and ebay removed one listing this was about 3 weeks ago so I don't think I was reported by another seller.
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

You might not have been grassed up by a human being.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@dbmm-media wrote:

here is the link for the duplicate scanner 

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

thanks. I hadn't run it in a while and I did have a duplicate.  : - 0

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

If you are having so much difficulty making money selling DVDs move on to something else.

Take your stock to a dumping ground like a Hastings a flea market or even donate them to a library.

Free yourself up to spend your time more wisely like on higher profit merch...heck most of the ephemra from a 30 year old video store is worth TONS AND TONS more than a mass produced VHS or DVD. I'd be listing promo posters and cardboard standees before I even thought about selling a single DVD that wasn't OOP, never made it BluRay or wasn't a cult classic.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Why aren't you using pictures of the discs?

That stock photo you have is UGLY and won't be helping your sales none when you come back.

Ditch that method and use a scanner.

I see you are all heart! FYI I became a widow at 45 years of age no social security, no Medicare, no Medicaid, no medical insurance. Why do you naturally assume that just because the OP is a widow that she is old.

I'll go out on a limb and say it is because not many people open up a video store when they are 15

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

wow...and that would actually sell?? a disk with no cover art or actual photo of the disk that is being sold?

as you now know from posts--duplicates are being "bot" checked...and are not allowed...they throw them out per policy....yes there may be a lot of others still...but they will have there day AND RULES ARE RULES....FOR WIDOWS , DISABLED, ALL RACE , CREED, COLORS, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION...ETC....SO IT JUST BUSINESS...AND EBAY HAS SAID IT IN UPDATES ...so this really falls back on you ...

you may have to re think your sales and picture listing methods to fit requirements.

it just the new ebay.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Unfortunately Hastings is no more.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

it's horrible life is hard enough without people trying do do others in,it their way of being relevant and feeling powerful and important other wise they probably aren't
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@critter_mama_2007 wrote:

i hope whoever just turned me in for selling duplicates is pleased with themselves.  just in case you would like to know.

i am a disabled widow with no other source of income and just got a 7 day restriction.  you may now do the happy dance.

I currently have several hundred dvds that wont upload because ebay wont recognize the number from the disc.

i have over 10,000 dvds to sell.  i closed a 35 year old video store 2 years ago.

i got permission from 3 different ebay cs last fall to use my image for discs with no covers, since so many sellers are listing dvds for 2 and 3 dollars, there is no way to sell with a cover a make a profit. 

byby

While I empathize with your personal circumstances, I am curious as why you think that your personal circumstances would exempt you from Ebay's Policy on Duplicate Fixed Price Listings?

I don't like that Policy either and I don't agree with it, but it is Ebay's sandbox.

And if I want to continue to play in Ebay's sandbox, I have to follow their rules.

I have hundreds of duplicate items that I would love to list as Fixed Price, but it is not worth risking a suspension.

It looks like you still have a lot of duplicate fixed price listings for jeans.

If I were you, I would go through all 1,000+ of your items and end the duplicate fixed price listings before Ebay sees them.

Since they are fixed price, just change the Quantity Available on the listings that you don't end.

Just my opinion on how to avoid another possible restriction.

Imagine a sign on the highway that says:

---------------------------------------------

SPEED  LIMIT 65

( OR 75 IF YOU ARE LATE FOR WORK )

---------------------------------------------

See my point?

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

eBay has BOTS that detect duplicate listings.  They tend to forgive the first few or post a message saying the dupes are blocked from buyer view until the first one gets a bid or sale.  But if a seller lists a lot of dupes, eventually eBay will restrict the seller.

More than likely, your luck ran out.  Reporting duplicate listings is a fairly arduous and time consuming process for someone to just come along and do it because you posted here.

If dupes are such a bad thing, why doesn't Ebay scan for them automatically as part of the listing process?

Jeez, come on Ebay.  You'll write a bot program to look for dupes but you won't write one to make them a non issue?  Time to enter the 21st century

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@baantiques wrote:

@city*satins wrote:

eBay has BOTS that detect duplicate listings.  They tend to forgive the first few or post a message saying the dupes are blocked from buyer view until the first one gets a bid or sale.  But if a seller lists a lot of dupes, eventually eBay will restrict the seller.

More than likely, your luck ran out.  Reporting duplicate listings is a fairly arduous and time consuming process for someone to just come along and do it because you posted here.

If dupes are such a bad thing, why doesn't Ebay scan for them automatically as part of the listing process?

Jeez, come on Ebay.  You'll write a bot program to look for dupes but you won't write one to make them a non issue?  Time to enter the 21st century

Because you are allowed to list duplicate items in some circumstances.  For example, you can have duplicates of the same thing up for auction (as long as you do not use a BIN); the other listings will not appear until the first listing has a bid.  You are also allowed to have more than one listing with the same title as long as they are clearly different items in the picture or are in different conditions.  For example, I could list the same book used and new and those would not be considered duplicate listings.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@critter_mama_2007 wrote:

byby

It is truly very unfortunate "IF" this is what happened but it is very much a possibility and has been done to others before including to some responders. There are some people that misuse the boards and run to search people's accounts when they post to look for thing to report or use to retaliate against something said or just because it is what they do. And by some people I am not talking about just some responders...but others that just come to the boards for this reason and even by some upset buyers and sellers that come here for advice and do not like what they are told.
Many responders here even use posting ID's or accounts not being currently used to buy and or sell on to protect themselves from people being able to do this to them.

It is alo possible that it was something done by ebay for duplicate listings. Such removals etc are usually done through a compluter program but if this was the case it most likely would have been caught long before now if you truly have been doing it for so long. Chances are you if you had permission from ebay as you stated then you were somehow excluded from the automatic computer takedowns this entire time. So maybe whatever was done to allow the listings this whole time somehow got undone. This you would need to ask ebay about as only they would be able to tell you.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Unfortunately Hastings is no more.

There's always a "Hastings" 

We have one around us called Mega Replay

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

OP as a suggestion just in case you ever decide to post again - first drink a quart of vodka- leave out the part about your personal life - leave out the part about the 35 year old store which may have been your parents anyway - they don’t care! Stick to the part about the duplicate listings, and maybe, and this is a maybe, you may get some decent answers.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply