cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well i wont post again

i hope whoever just turned me in for selling duplicates is pleased with themselves.  just in case you would like to know.

i am a disabled widow with no other source of income and just got a 7 day restriction.  you may now do the happy dance.

the ebay dvd catalog does not work with turbolister, which i use.

I currently have several hundred dvds that wont upload because ebay wont recognize the number from the disc.

i have over 10,000 dvds to sell.  i closed a 35 year old video store 2 years ago.

i got permission from 3 different ebay cs last fall to use my image for discs with no covers, since so many sellers are listing dvds for 2 and 3 dollars, there is no way to sell with a cover a make a profit. 

byby

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

well i wont post again

I'm sorry that happened to you.  

It may not have been someone reporting you, though, I think that the bots can catch duplicate listings.

Anyone?  Please confirm or deny.

There is a test you can run to catch duplicates.  Maybe someone can post that as well.  

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

@critter_mama_2007 wrote:

i hope whoever just turned me in for selling duplicates is pleased with themselves.  just in case you would like to know.

i am a disabled widow with no other source of income and just got a 7 day restriction.  you may now do the happy dance.

I currently have several hundred dvds that wont upload because ebay wont recognize the number from the disc.

i have over 10,000 dvds to sell.  i closed a 35 year old video store 2 years ago.

i got permission from 3 different ebay cs last fall to use my image for discs with no covers, since so many sellers are listing dvds for 2 and 3 dollars, there is no way to sell with a cover a make a profit. 

byby

It happens. There is a program out there that will find them all the duplicates for you. (Someone have a link?).  An ebay bot may have caught the duplicates, maybe someone turned you in but if you have a lot of items listed that is a lot of work for a troll to put in just to report you and ebay is pretty lousy about acting on user reports.   I have another store where I only list with it, I do not post on the boards or answer emails with it, ebay caught a duplicate of mine on that account so I am pretty sure it was a bot.

The upload problem is a current glitch. Hopefully Ebay is working on it. Some toy and clothing areas are impossible to list in right now. I got stuck in a loop so I just am waiting it out.

Use the 7 days to work on creating more listings.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

eBay has BOTS that detect duplicate listings.  They tend to forgive the first few or post a message saying the dupes are blocked from buyer view until the first one gets a bid or sale.  But if a seller lists a lot of dupes, eventually eBay will restrict the seller.

More than likely, your luck ran out.  Reporting duplicate listings is a fairly arduous and time consuming process for someone to just come along and do it because you posted here.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

... i got permission from 3 different ebay cs last fall to use my image for discs with no covers...

I suspect that customer service reps don't actually have the power to authorize things like that. They have a reputation for telling members what they want to hear in order to get them off the phone.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

here is the link for the duplicate scanner 

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

That is super useful!  And fast and easy. Thanks!

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

my good deed for the day 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

I am sorry for your bad news.  Use the time to make changes and come back strong!

Also I am fairly sure eBay gives warnings to sellers to make changes before restrictions go into effect?  Did you miss an earlier message from them about this problem?

Perhaps part of your solution would be to quit using turbo lister?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

byby

That is lousy. They used to give warnings for this first. I was under the impression ebay wasn`t even enforcing this duplicate listing policy. When I search for tools or parts there are tons of duplicates in those catagories but then again it`s usually international sellers that ship from the USA. It seems ebay favors them or maybe that`s my immagination.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

@dbmm-media wrote:

here is the link for the duplicate scanner 

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Thank you for posting this; very helpful!

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

Don’t ask for whom the bot trolls,

It trolls for thee.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

@hillbillymedia wrote:

byby

That is lousy. They used to give warnings for this first. I was under the impression ebay wasn`t even enforcing this duplicate listing policy. When I search for tools or parts there are tons of duplicates in those catagories but then again it`s usually international sellers that ship from the USA. It seems ebay favors them or maybe that`s my immagination.

Duplicate listings is not enforced against the Chinese, only USA sellers.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

@twnpopcards wrote:

@hillbillymedia wrote:

byby

Duplicate listings is not enforced against the Chinese, only USA sellers.

You have that one right. I used to report them, not worth the time anymore.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

well i wont post again

since so many sellers are listing dvds for 2 and 3 dollars, there is no way to sell with a cover a make a profit. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cover or not, I will never sell anything on ebay for $3 or 5. Actually I was thinking of cancelling all items under $10 if it wasn't for keyword search.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply