cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread on Seuss books? banned or not?

I remember one or more threads about Seuss books but I can't find  a way to search for threads. Just now I looked up one title that is supposedly banned on Ebay.....lots of copies. A few low-price auctions but mostly high priced. Is this because the bots haven't found them?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@keziak wrote:

I remember one or more threads about Seuss books but I can't find  a way to search for threads. Just now I looked up one title that is supposedly banned on Ebay.....lots of copies. A few low-price auctions but mostly high priced. Is this because the bots haven't found them?

eBay policy enforcement has never been prompt, thorough, or accurate.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Its catch as catch can.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I for one am thankful they banned these horrible Dr. Suess books to keep our kids safe. I can now put my mind at ease knowing little Timmy is playing wholesome games such as Grand Theft Auto.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

As I mentioned on another topic yesterday it has become the wild west of rules enforcement.  As far as Dr. Seuss books go I only read a handful of titles in the mid 1960's that are all classics and widely loved.  Never heard of the six titles causing such a storm of wasted pixels this month.

Ebay seems to be in a reactionary enforcement mode which is evident by thousands of listings in the wrong categories or listings with intentional deception in the titles in order to avoid the bots.  

luckythewinner wrote, "eBay policy enforcement has never been prompt, thorough, or accurate."

I couldn't have put it better.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

... I can't find  a way to search for threads...

See that big search box at the top of the page that says "All Content"?  The one with the magnifying glass, the universal icon for "Search"?   Well, just enter the word Seuss  in that box, click on the icon, and there ya go.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@asset_liquidators 

LOL! "Grand Theft auto"... Well there is my laugh for the day!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@asset_liquidators wrote:

I for one am thankful they banned these horrible Dr. Suess books to keep our kids safe. I can now put my mind at ease knowing little Timmy is playing wholesome games such as Grand Theft Auto.

You made my day, have not laughed that much for weeks! 😆

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I think most of the Dr. Seuss threads were moved to The Soapbox.

Using top of page navigation select Groups > Special Interest Groups > eBay Friends > The Soapbox.

Always lots of interesting topics on that community board.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

looks like another Fox News / conspiracy link /  National Inquire / The Star

Can't believe eBay even hosts this! We don't need another Facebook on here!

grow up people!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I love Grand Theft Auto. There have been several attempts by state governments to ban the sale of "violent" video games to both kids and parents. Thankfully none of them have passed, yet. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Well, I think this is a lotta hogwash.  WHAT ABOUT ALL THE COPIES THAT SOLD FOR HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS?

ARE THEY GOING TO NULLIFY THOSE SALES?  SO...Those people were just LUCKY? 

FORGET THIS!  I"M SICK OF THIS ENTIRE OPERATION!!!!

21 years and for **bleep** WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply