cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does eBay not allow new sellers to Promote Listings?

My daughter just helped me set up an account to sell my designer and name brand clothes that no longer fit.  On her account, she gets the option to Promote Listing every time she puts a new item up, but I have listed 5 items so far and do not have that option (either when I first list, nor in the drop down menu on the Manage Active Listings page).

Is this something eBay does not offer to new sellers??

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Promoted Listings is available to all sellers in good standing with recent sales activity.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/promoted-listings?id=4164

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have the same problem, can you fix it?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

did you find an answer to your problem because i have not got a promote listing option on my drop down menu either

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The short answer is no.  They are not available to new sellers.   Promoted Listings are only available to sellers in good standing with recent sales activity.  As a new seller you don't have recent activity.  However, the policy doesn't state when eBay decides how many completed sales are needed to demonstrate that your account is in good standing.

Good standing means successful transactions without outstanding claims, and your eBay fees have been paid.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I think eBay refuses to allow some sellers that option to promote, I honestly spoke to about 8 different eBay representatives about this and they all came up with some different excuses and said they was working on it each time and never did anything, I have over 50 sells I have been seeking for over a year and have store subscription they even tell me i should have that option but till this day I’m still don’t have that drop down menu to promote and when I click on promote listings after clicking advertising tab it will take me to this site https://pls.ebay.com/plsweb/ineligible

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi Jacqueline!

I have the same problem. Did you ever get it figured out and are you able to use PL now?

Regards, Monique

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hello! We are having a problem with the promoted listings as well. We are a newer seller, but we do have a few sales through eBay, and the account health says we are at the "Above Standard" seller level, so we should meet the requirements to list a product as a promoted listing, but I haven't seen the option in my dropdown "Actions" menu. Anyone having any luck solving this issue?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Promoted Listings is available to Above standard and Top Rated sellers in good standing with recent sales activity.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You have to have at least 20 sales, 10 reviews, be above standard or top rated, and your account must be older than 3 months.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

i gotta say, this is a load of bull.

as a buyer, i get a miniscule amount of feedback, i've bought dozen's of items on ebay and have received hardly any feedback.

as a seller, i've sold probably close to one dozen items, yet i have ZERO seller feedback.

people have zero interest in taking the time to leave feedback, the only chance i ALMOST got feedback it was negative because i mis-listed an item (the wrong type of plug).  and it was going to be negative feedback, which leaves sellers, walking on a tight rope until you establish yourself as selling thousands of items.

most people have day jobs, who the hell has time to list thousands of items?

it's unfair that my mother and sister can promote their listings yet my 1908 presidential postcards i can't sell because i can't promote them.  my sister called me tonight "YOU NEED TO PROMOTE THOSE, 10 OUT OF MY 12 THINGS THAT SOLD TODAY WERE BECAUSE OF PROMOTION"..... my response:  " . . .. ... sis... stop yelling... ebay wont allow me to promote, or add a second category to also put those postcards in the "stamp" section since they do have the possibility of having rare Benjamin Franklin 1c stamps on them."

ebay literally doesn't want their new ppl to do well, they force them to undercut and underbid other people to get any type of sales, and even when they get sales, they get zero feedback shafting them out of any real business on ebay.

let me tell you about ebay for new sellers:  i sold oval wall plaque thinggy's.  i paid 3$ for them irl total.  i have in the proper shipping information.  i started them off at 9, didn't sell, ebay kept nagging my phone "do you want to drop the price by 2$?"  ... finally i click yes just to get it to stop.  a few days later it starts in again.  a few days after that i finally give in and click yes.  they sell for 5.99$  ... or maybe it was 4.99$ i dont remember.

so i made a whole two dollars off the sale, but paypal HOLD shows 13.53$  (shipping included)  between going from ebay to paypal they shaved 1.47$ off my money.  i made 53 cents.   it charged them 9.24$ for shipping, i get to the post office, it's a STE address (which means it's just a proxy, and the real person lives in china) and shipping to these addresses, the post office charges more.  real shipping came out to be 11.95$.  i'm out nearly 3 dollars on shipping.

and once my funds become available in a month on paypal, i'll be charged a fee to transfer it to my bank.

so selling an item on ebay AND I'M OUT 5$....  

ebay = the greatest scam to ever exist.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

and the person who threatened me with negative feedback because of the plug, i had to give a full refund.

what else am i to do in that situation?  to begin with it cost me more to ship it than it charged the person (idk why it keeps undercharging for shipping when i give exact measurements and weight.)

and for my first seller feedback to be negative?  i had no choice, i felt OBLIGATED to give the refund.  ebay makes you literally walk on a tightrope until you establish yourself as a seller.

and also for my oval item that sold, i forgot to mention not only will it charge me all that, but at the end of the month it will charge me the seller's fee for selling the item.  so i'll be out even more.  you literally CANNOT sell an item under 10$ on ebay without losing money as a new seller.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply