cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stimulus check listings that have been cashed in , why and why so much ?

am seeing some listed here at pretty ridiculous prices , more than what the actual amount was for.

What's the point of listing those and at such terribly high prices?

For instance, one listing want 1,999.00 for a cashed in 1,200.00 check.

inquiring minds wanna know

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: stimulus check listings that have been cashed in , why and why so much ?

That's an odd one, maybe they think these checks will be collectible in time due to the circumstances of the issuance? 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm wondering how they became available.  You turn them in to the bank when you cash them and the bank sends them to the government.   So how are they getting out?   Counterfeits?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

That is strange.  If they have been cashed, how did the seller did it back?  

Hopefully someone will be along that knows why this makes any sense.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Do banks still send back cancelled checks?  Ours went to image scans only almost two decades ago.  I smell check washing.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Do banks still send back cancelled checks?  Ours went to image scans only almost two decades ago.  I smell check washing.

or counterfeiting.......

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I still have all of mine as well.

Cellphone bank APPS, I never go into banks anymore. I have my bank on my phone, I take a photo of check and it is deposited directly into my account.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@alcoforever wrote:

I'm wondering how they became available.  You turn them in to the bank when you cash them and the bank sends them to the government.   So how are they getting out?   Counterfeits?

Scan the check and is sent through the system and collected electronically, check is cancelled and return to the person.

Usually third party cashing....

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@tatertot2u57 wrote:

am seeing some listed here at pretty ridiculous prices , more than what the actual amount was for.

What's the point of listing those and at such terribly high prices?

For instance, one listing want 1,999.00 for a cashed in 1,200.00 check.

inquiring minds wanna know

Seem the high priced ones are of course not selling; A search  sold has only  6 items: and I do wounder about purchasing such...

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If it was a signed cashed check with Elvis Presley's signature , maybe 

😂

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

There is a very high percentage of people with mental issues. I would guess some of those people with mental issues are members of Ebay as there is no medical tests needed prior to listing items on Ebay.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Well, could not stop myself, I had to search it.

Looked at one for $400.

Claim is that it is signed by Trump, and therefore a collectible, but in fact as shown in the photos it just has Donald J. Trump printed on the left and is signed by "Robinson", and of course that is not even an actual signature.

and then there is the "stimulus letter" with the Trump "signature" that is not really a signature, and is worthless.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Well, could not stop myself, I had to search it.

Looked at one for $400.

Claim is that it is signed by Trump, and therefore a collectible, but in fact as shown in the photos it just has Donald J. Trump printed on the left and is signed by "Robinson", and of course that is not even an actual signature.

and then there is the "stimulus letter" with the Trump "signature" that is not really a signature, and is worthless.

Sound like what I own is worth lots, attitude:  even when it is not....... Or dar there be a sucker born every minuet thing saying......

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I don't know if the US banks have caught up yet, but here in Canada we can deposit cheques by photographing them on our phones and forwarding the photograph to our bank.

The paper is kept by the owner. But there would be no bank markings on it, since the bank never holds the paper document.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I don't know if the US banks have caught up yet, but here in Canada we can deposit cheques by photographing them on our phones and forwarding the photograph to our bank.

The paper is kept by the owner. But there would be no bank markings on it, since the bank never holds the paper document.

Seen adds for this type in the US so maybe it is also here..

Message 15 of 15
latest reply