cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so upset and want everyone to be aware ...

I sold an item (japenese porcelain bowls), when the buyer received the item, much to my surprise she filed a claim of Defective (they had 'bruises), and wanted a full refund.  she sent pictures that were my listing pictures and I could tell they were taken from her phone.  I had sent her a message asking what she meant by 'bruised' and she stated there was no more to be said, it is what she observed.  I contacted ebay and they said I had to wait out the 5 day period.  I felt bad (now I feel naïve) and offered her a refund and she refused.  THEN I went onto her ebay store and saw MY pictures listed on her site, with a description that the items were very beautiful and in 'excellent' condition.  I reported her to ebay, and I also put in a report to ask them to take off my pictures.  It looks like she may be doing this to others as well.  its not the point of her reselling an item she bought (3x's more than she paid) but it is the fact she asked me for a full refund that makes me mad (furious).

any advise as to how to let others know about this scammer?

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: so upset and want everyone to be aware ...

OMG! now the "B"  is sending me a screen shot of my listing...does she think that is returning my item??? 

gramsclosetfinds_0-1713183945215.png

gramsclosetfinds_1-1713183945217.png

gramsclosetfinds_2-1713183945218.png

is this harassment? 

Message 61 of 85
latest reply

any advise as to how to let others know about this scammer?

I think at last count there were 135 million buyers on eBay. The chances of one individual figuring out how to notify the correct sellers about the correct buyers are very small.

And any system anyone devised to create a system to accomplish this would also enable bad actors to report innocent buyers, either maliciously or to reduce competition.

Message 62 of 85
latest reply

135 million buyers and  I found the needle in the haystack!

Message 63 of 85
latest reply

Trust me, with that many buyers (allegedly) there's way more than ONE needle to be found.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 64 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

these bowls were hand painted from Japan!  if someone buys can they ask for a refund because she listed them as from china?  

"Someone" can open a return for "Item Not as Described" because the sky is blue but most definitely for reason of China vs Japanese.

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

she just sent me an ebay message with a screen shot of my listing. she is crazy

That is possible, they do walk among us. People with severe mental disorders such as bipolar or borderline, maybe off their meds or self-medicating or simply no meds at all, who knows but I've ran into a few like this over the years (both in the real world and possibly here)... That said compassion may be in order, it could be an elderly person suffering from an onset of dementia. Don't get me wrong, I do believe you need to be made whole in this transaction but don't assume your buyer is necessarily doing this maliciously, they may not be able to help it...

Hopefully she sends those bowls back, unharmed, and after you refund that will basically be the end of it.

Keep us updated.

Message 65 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

is this harassment? 

Given that you've posted no fewer than three laughing emojis here, I'm gonna say that No, it's not harassment. 

Entertainment, maybe... 🙂

Anyway, continue to not respond. I'm thinking this return is going to time out on your behalf.

Just to be complete, though: We have seen stories here in the past about buyers who return something out of the blue, long after their Not As Described case has been closed out in the seller's favor. In such cases, the seller is not technically obligated to refund anything at that point, but I think popular opinion has been that if the item is in good shape otherwise, and can be relisted, then the seller should refund the original purchase price, but not the Shipping cost (assuming that the listing was not a Free Shipping item).

Message 66 of 85
latest reply

@broto_64 wrote:

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

these bowls were hand painted from Japan!  if someone buys can they ask for a refund because she listed them as from china?  

"Someone" can open a return for "Item Not as Described" because the sky is blue but most definitely for reason of China vs Japanese.

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

she just sent me an ebay message with a screen shot of my listing. she is crazy

That is possible, they do walk among us. People with severe mental disorders such as bipolar or borderline, maybe off their meds or self-medicating or simply no meds at all, who knows but I've ran into a few like this over the years (both in the real world and possibly here)... That said compassion may be in order, it could be an elderly person suffering from an onset of dementia. Don't get me wrong, I do believe you need to be made whole in this transaction but don't assume your buyer is necessarily doing this maliciously, they may not be able to help it...

Hopefully she sends those bowls back, unharmed, and after you refund that will basically be the end of it.

Keep us updated.

Good. Grief.  There may not be that many whoopsiedoodles out there, but they always seem to find a way to make life worse for the rest of us.   I hope it closes out without further incident, but otherwise... what Bronto said.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 67 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds  Have you been in touch with this other seller? Wonder if they got a return request, as well. 

Message 68 of 85
latest reply

I don’t know how to search for them to ask

Message 69 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

I don’t know how to search for them to ask

@gramsclosetfinds : If you look at the current listing (which will pop up if you do a search for "Eternal Living Enameled 13" Cast Iron Baking Pan") (be sure to include the Double Quotes on each end of the search text), you can see the original seller's ID in the screenshot of the listing she purchased last August and is now reusing. 

She left Positive feedback for that seller: "Nice piece." That doesn't mean that she didn't try to return it as well, of course...

Message 70 of 85
latest reply

Already done, they have reported.

Message 71 of 85
latest reply

so that makes 2...how about the wig person ?

Message 72 of 85
latest reply

it looks like my items were shipped back to me as of today - but they are still on her site....

Message 73 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

it looks like my items were shipped back to me as of today - but they are still on her site....

Well, that's her problem. 😉 Hopefully you will receive back what you sold. Keep us posted!

Message 74 of 85
latest reply

Sourcing products to sell can be difficult, but this method is ridiculous.

Message 75 of 85
latest reply