cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow sales september 2019

Our sales are very slow, the summer was slow ( actually slower) as usual but now? I wonder if they have put us on a poop list since we have not opted into managed payments. 

On the plus side, we are getting tons done around the house, stuff we've put off for years.

Would rather have the sales though. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

What a coincidence to get the 'save big on these items" email that was sent in error by ebay that actually is a precursor to forcing us to sign up for managed payments or we wont be able to list items anymore.  Really doesnt inspire confidence. If you haven't checked your ebay messages do so!

Message 16 of 87
latest reply

Yes my sales are horrible this month, I too believe it has something to do with the Managed Payments Option that I refuse to do. I have read too many horror stories from people that opted in, and it doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Message 17 of 87
latest reply

I was wondering the same thing ...have they put me on some kind of  poop list or are sales really that bad ?..they are not relisting some of my best selling items and wont let me edit or list any more ....mike

Message 18 of 87
latest reply

Horrible. August and September, DEAD. Worked on listings, updated them, better pictures, better descriptions, lowered prices...…….nothing works. Also when somebody watches a product, EBAY suggests to keep looking for other deals. WOW
If things don't change, we will be a disappearing act.
Message 19 of 87
latest reply

@fashionandform   I would venture to say that there are many "slow sales" threads from folks who sell in highly saturated clothing categories ... that's the trend I noticed this year.

There are also a number threads about sales that have just flat out died in other categories since the GTC mandate back in March.  We experienced that here on one ID ... over 12 months the account was built up to low 5 figures and growing and then along came the GTC brainstorm ... in 6 weeks the account dropped to one sale per week ... in 10 weeks we dropped the store level from Basic to 100 per month ... sales simply died through July.  Inventory was diverted and then Aug 1 the account was infused with new stock and sales went up again but I am questioning the value of trying to take another 6 months to a year to build the account up, it takes a lot of inventory to do that ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 20 of 87
latest reply

Mine was just hacked on the 4th and 10th 3 iphones were purchased for almost $4000. Same seller that sells a lot with 100% feedback. The seller shipped them even after being contacted by ebay and paypal. They were able to get into my business info and change things. They were shipped to AZ and TX and I'm in FL. did catch it right away but it has been a nightmare I have spent hours on the phone. Although ebay and paypal have been very good. I would recommend changing your pass words often as well as your business info to make sure it is correct. Been selling for over 12 yrs and never had anything like this happen before. I don't usually post just lurker but thought this was important.
Message 21 of 87
latest reply

@familyclothingoutlet   Did you start to use your smart phone for eBay business prior to the hacks?

Regards,
Message 22 of 87
latest reply

No I don't use it for ebay only the PC's I had our IT person run scans on the computer yesterday and they found nothing on our end .
Message 23 of 87
latest reply

Sorry I meant to say check your business info not change it. Also they changed our email address on the first two and ship too address That is what alerted us that we had been hacked. When you change your email address they send you a message system to make sure it was you that did it. We contacted ebay right away and at that point we changed our password and changed our email address back with eby's help, Then they did it again about a week later but this time they left our email address alone and just changed our ship too address. They also hid the purchases in our history so we wouldn't notice them. Ebay can't give us a answer as to how they got in.
Message 24 of 87
latest reply

@familyclothingoutlet wrote:
No I don't use it for ebay only the PC's I had our IT person run scans on the computer yesterday and they found nothing on our end .

So users log in on several different computers in a work environment?  Its possible that it was hacked from the outside ...

Regards,
Message 25 of 87
latest reply

We only have one PC and one laptop that we use and we mostly use the PC. No one else has access to our computers. Sense sales have dropped so much we don't have other help anymore. Our sales are down almost 40% from last year and they were down 30% from the year before that. But that is a whole other issue.
Message 26 of 87
latest reply

I’m not seeing any promoted listing ads from eBay at all... this is the problem and when this happened in the past, I guarantee no sales!! So question is why is eBay not promoting as they say they are and as I signed up for????
Message 27 of 87
latest reply

Very scary, thank you for the heads up!
Message 28 of 87
latest reply

My August and September are my worst months so far. Why? I just don't know. I know I don't like having to cancel a listing so it isn't automatically relisted. Where is choice in this? Let me choose instead of having to cancel it manually if I don't want to relist
Message 29 of 87
latest reply

August and September were the worst yet.  even when I dropped this low in March it quickly picked up a bit but it has bottomed at this level for last 2 months.  I can't take much more of this.  Down 60% the last 2 years. which is tens of thousands of dollars in profit almost 100,000 revenue.  Insane I feel like a failure with this.  I hope this is the bottom because I have cut every bill I can to make ends meet as this is my livelihood(not part time) and has been for last 14 years.

Message 30 of 87
latest reply