cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback grace period

A few questions about how eBay doesn't allow a buyer to leave a negative for a few days. It's 7 days, right? And It's after the purchase date right, not the item arrival date?

A buyer received their item in 7 days (prob because of thanksgiving holiday), they messaged me this morning at 5am claiming they received a different item and about 4 hours later left me a negative saying I sent them the wrong item and I refused to replace it. I don't really work on weekends let alone in 4 hours after sunrise on a Saturday (yes, I'm also aware of time zones, but still).

I quickly messaged the buyer asking what they actually received. He replied within 5 minutes saying he received the wrong sleeve length. I immediately asked for a photo but he said he doesn't know how to do that. I immediately gave him directions & 3 options... attach, email, text photo. He has stopped replying.

No return or SNAD has been open yet.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The 7 day grace period is only for Powersellers. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

The 7 day grace period is only for Powersellers. 

Which I am.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Gees. That buyer does not appear to be new, judging from his/her feedback number. If s/he bothered to contact you, why in the world would s/he not wait for your response? Or even just go ahead and file a SNAD (recognizing that neither SNADs nor negative feedback is great for a seller to deal with)? Why go straight for the nuclear option?

I don't know why the seven-day powerseller feedback restriction didn't work, though . . . as a buyer, I tend to leave feedback as soon as I receive the item, and that restriction "warning" pops up when I go to leave feedback all the time--even before I've selected "positive" or "negative."

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote: ... I don't know why the seven-day powerseller feedback restriction didn't work, though . . .  

It did work.  Tracking back through the neg and the listing purchase history, it looks like the item was purchased on Wednesday November 27, so negative feedback could be left on December 4, long before the neg was left  on Saturday December 7.

I try so hard to avoid political comments on these boards, but after seeing the item purchased I suspect the seller shouldn't be surprised about dealing with somebody who just doesn't think clearly..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@eleanor*rigby wrote: ... I don't know why the seven-day powerseller feedback restriction didn't work, though . . .  

It did work.  Tracking back through the neg and the listing purchase history, it looks like the item was purchased on Wednesday November 27, so negative feedback could be left on December 4, long before the neg was left  on Saturday December 7.

Oh, gees. Maybe I should have read the original post again (and again and again). I thought @bigdeals.etc was concerned because the seven-day waiting period hadn't passed. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

I try so hard to avoid political comments on these boards, but after seeing the item purchased I suspect the seller shouldn't be surprised about dealing with somebody who just doesn't think clearly..

Smiley Wink

(Although, apparently, I'm not thinking any more clearly than the buyer! Smiley Very Happy )

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Okay, so it is after the purchase date and not scanned arrival date, right?

And yes, I am not as surprised from buyers like this relative to most sellers. Buyer stopped replying ever since I asked for a photo. Still perplexes me though. I chalk it up with holiday shopping mentality.

I'll probably wait a few more days for their reply before submitting a reply to that negative. Any comment suggestions?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Okay, so it is after the purchase date and not scanned arrival date, right?

@bigdeals.etc 

I happen to have a purchase that is due to be delivered today. I just went in to leave feedback--as a test only--and just below the "positive" and "negative" options was the comment, "You need to wait 7 days before you can leave neutral or negative feedback for this seller."

So, to me, since the package hasn't even been delivered yet, the implication is that it is seven days from purchase, which is what @nobody*s_perfect posted.

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I'll probably wait a few more days for their reply before submitting a reply to that negative. Any comment suggestions?

I read through your other responses to negative feedback, and they seem to be fine--in fact, the newer ones are better than the older ones. As you already know, you're not really leaving a response for the actual buyer, but, instead, for your potential buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply