cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling items on Ebay, why are other sellers' items under my listing.

WHY IS EBAY SHOWING OTHER SELLERS PRODUCTS UNDER MY LISTING.  YOU CAN'T EVEN READ MY FULL LISTING WITH OUT SEEING MOST OF THE PAGE WITH OTHER LISTINGS. SINCE EBAY IS MAKING QUITE A BIT OF MONEY OFF MY SALES, THEY SHOULDNT ADVERTISE OTHER LISTINGS UNDER MINE. IF THEY DO IT SHOULD BE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE NOT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE SO YOU HAVE TO SEE OTHER SELLERS PRODUCT BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN FINISH LOOKING AT MINE. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: selling items on Ebay, why are other sellers' items under my listing.

No not several months. I'm constantly selling, from 3-8 laptops a month. Not just for me, but when someone clicks to see your listings, and can't even finish reading it without a bunch of other seller's listings; that you have to go through to see the rest of your details, on the item your selling, does take the focus off your item. Taking more than 60.00 selling fees, for an item when sold, you would think that Ebay wouldn't be so money hungry, and you should have only you're listing. Guess not much you can really do about it. You can call but can't really get in touch with anyone, who can give you an answer.  

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Well, if you read everything about eBay's policies, you would be reading for days. It's not that i agreed to it, it is forced upon you, you can't say no. If you do you can't sell. Believe me if there was a better place to sell an item, i would be gone from Ebay, but for now, nothing i can do. Has to be the sellers who all get together, and make a complaint, i did. But nothing will ever happen if everyone doesn't get involved, and that will never happen.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Shouting at us is unnecessary- What are you talking about Willis? I noticed this was happening, and never saw the other threads. Relax take a Xanax, i was just asking a question.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Typing in ALL CAPS is yelling... 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

How did i know that caps are yelling, i just thought it stands out better. I go on here maybe once every 6 months. How would i know that. Most of the time I'm lucky to even find where to post something, I'm not in here every day, i don't know all the protocol for community posts. 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Don’t worry about the caps - it isn’t yelling, and it isn’t a big deal.  Offended by caps is like being offended that a spoon is placed on the wrong side of a plate.  

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

This has been beaten to death already and eBay isn't going to change it, despite sort of promises to do so.

I remember when a large number of sellers pushed really hard for this change and ebay did in fact implement a change at one point, it lasted a few days... Maybe a week or two before it all went back to the way it is now, also the change wasn't 100% to begin with, it still left a lot to be desired.

It was one of many pivotal points for me, times where I've come to realize that fighting the corporate mindset is a fruitless endeavor that merely consumes a lot of time and energy and in the end almost always accomplishes nothing.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@allthings-collectible wrote:

Whether it's been "beaten to death" or not, the OP may be new to the conversation and has the right to ask.

Absolutely the OP has the right to ask, although SHOUTING at us is unnecessary, and anyone here has the right to link the OP to the hundreds of previous threads on the topic, rather than replying anew.

-

Most people who type in all caps don't realize that it is "considered" (and that is in quotes for a reason) shouting.  This idiosyncrasy started somewhere in the 90's when the world wide web started to become mainstream and the world of BBS'es started to get phased out, before that you could type in all caps as much as you wanted and nobody ever thought much more of it... Why did someone decide one day that all caps means shouting, who knows but it isn't something that everyone accepts readily, fact remains that typing with Caps lock ON is easier than proper capitalization so it is possible these people are hunt and peckers, plain lazy, or just want to get things done without suffering from finger cramps (for those who irregularly use actual keyboards).

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I pay extra for a premium store so eBay can allow other sellers to sell the same items in my store and under cut me. As a business, I would never allow this to happen as it is just bad business, yet it is forced on me. Ebay only cares about making money. No such thing as customer service. Just a bunch of script readers telling you anything you want to hear so you'll get off the phone. Changes seem to benefit eBay the most and I have learned over a decade of selling on eBay that they don't care about or need my money.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@broto_64 wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

@allthings-collectible wrote:

Whether it's been "beaten to death" or not, the OP may be new to the conversation and has the right to ask.

Absolutely the OP has the right to ask, although SHOUTING at us is unnecessary, and anyone here has the right to link the OP to the hundreds of previous threads on the topic, rather than replying anew.

-

Most people who type in all caps don't realize that it is "considered" (and that is in quotes for a reason) shouting.  This idiosyncrasy started somewhere in the 90's when the world wide web started to become mainstream and the world of BBS'es started to get phased out, before that you could type in all caps as much as you wanted and nobody ever thought much more of it... Why did someone decide one day that all caps means shouting, who knows but it isn't something that everyone accepts readily, fact remains that typing with Caps lock ON is easier than proper capitalization so it is possible these people are hunt and peckers, plain lazy, or just want to get things done without suffering from finger cramps (for those who irregularly use actual keyboards).

No, started with print earlier than that. It only makes sense that it was adopted in the 90s for online.

I highly doubt they didn't actually know it was shouting.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply