cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling items on Ebay, why are other sellers' items under my listing.

WHY IS EBAY SHOWING OTHER SELLERS PRODUCTS UNDER MY LISTING.  YOU CAN'T EVEN READ MY FULL LISTING WITH OUT SEEING MOST OF THE PAGE WITH OTHER LISTINGS. SINCE EBAY IS MAKING QUITE A BIT OF MONEY OFF MY SALES, THEY SHOULDNT ADVERTISE OTHER LISTINGS UNDER MINE. IF THEY DO IT SHOULD BE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE NOT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE SO YOU HAVE TO SEE OTHER SELLERS PRODUCT BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN FINISH LOOKING AT MINE. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

They are making even more money from those promoted listings that are in the middle of your listings. They are in all of our listings. 

They are also showing you similar items that you looked at, in the hopes that you will purchase something, so they can make even more money from you, via fees to those sellers. It's all about the bottom line. Theirs, not yours. Sorry. 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

It sucks they do it in the middle of the listing. They should let the person that clicked on your listing read it all the way instead of the listing being interrupted with promoted items. Teey should promote them at the end of the listing if they must.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

This has been beaten to death already and eBay isn't going to change it, despite sort of promises to do so.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

If you have enough listings, your own listings will appear there. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Good gravy, why didn't anybody notice this before?

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Whether it's been "beaten to death" or not, the OP may be new to the conversation and has the right to ask.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Perhaps its been several months since the OP listed an item?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Perhaps it's been several years since the OP looked at any listings.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Either way this is so wrong and needs to be dealt with

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

You agreed to it. It was in the fine print.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@allthings-collectible wrote:

Whether it's been "beaten to death" or not, the OP may be new to the conversation and has the right to ask.

Absolutely the OP has the right to ask, although SHOUTING at us is unnecessary, and anyone here has the right to link the OP to the hundreds of previous threads on the topic, rather than replying anew.

-

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

Either way this is so wrong and needs to be dealt with

There is nothing to deal with.  Sellers pay to have their listings promoted.  eBay promotes those listings in this way.  Done deal. 

I don't like it either, as a seller or a buyer, but it's been this way for a long time now, and I see no reason at all for it to change. 

I don't like the similar crud on other on-line marketplaces, by the way, but I do not expect it to change on them, either.  It is the way and the model of e-commerce now.

-

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

The ads at the bottom of the page are easy enough to get rid of, the stuff above the description can't be undone.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@allthings-collectible wrote:

Absolutely the OP has the right to ask, although SHOUTING at us is unnecessary, and anyone here has the right to link the OP to the hundreds of previous threads on the topic, rather than replying anew.

-

I'm going to give up thinking that individuals are capable of actually searching topics on a basic chat board rather than just running here and blasting off, though I don't mind providing a link to previous discussions. I guess it just seems so basic to me. 😒

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 25
latest reply