cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller scam? what should I do?

Hi! So three weeks ago, I sold a PS4 with 3 controllers to a buyer. The package was delivered and I had tracking confirming it. Two weeks later, the seller told me that she opened her package today and said that she found only one controller in the package. I told her to look everywhere in the box because I KNOW that I put all three controllers in there(it's not in my house I already checked). She told me that she only received one and told me that this can be easily resolved if I send her the two missing controllers.

I believe that the seller lying about receiving only one controller and trying to get me to buy more controllers and ship it to her. What should I do in this situation? I only have positive feedbacks on my account and take all my orders very seriously. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: seller scam? what should I do?

"What should I do in this situation?"

First thing to do is to realise that this does not appear to be a "seller scam".

Then you should not "believe that the seller lying"

Next you should tell the BUYER to Return the item for a Refund.

The BUYER is attempting to strong arm you into a partial refund.

Send ONLY ONE message...Return for Refund.

Then see what the BUYER does next & come back here before you take any action.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I would tell the buyer to return it for a refund.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

If the seller decide to return for refund, but I only get one controller back instead of three then should I still refund the full amount?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Tell her to open a case thru ebay . She can then return for a full refund. You will have to pay for return shipping. Return for refund nothing else. If she tries paypal , same thing. She will have to pay return shipping if she opens a case in paypal. Do not argue with her or you may get a box of rocks back.  Many times these scam buyers will just go away if you call their bluff. If she leaves negative feedback just respond with offered full refund upon return. Best of luck.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It's not a "seller" but a "buyer"..no-brakes tried explaining it...YOU are the "seller"..and do exactly what no-brakes said to do..

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Regretfully that is the type of item that often attracts problem buyers. Good luck.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@huy-us9 wrote:

If the BUYER decide to return for refund, but I only get one controller back instead of three then should I still refund the full amount?

Don't get ahead of yourself.

Send the message & see what happens.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Are you sure the buyer didn't use a forwarding service? That would protect you from an eBay SNAD as the buyer has voided her buyer protection but she can file with PayPal. Check to see where she's registered.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I politely told the seller that if she want a refund she can ship the item back to me. She said she don't want a refund. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@huy-us9 wrote:

I politely told the seller that if she want a refund she can ship the item back to me. She said she don't want a refund. 

Why would the seller ship the item back to you?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

To return for a refund?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

You need to get used to the idea that you are the SELLER.

If the BUYER does not want a refund then just sit & wait to see what they do next.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Oh now I realized my mistake. Sorry I was panicking over this whole situation that I forgot that I'm the seller not the buyer

Message 14 of 14
latest reply