cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"authorized seller" now a choice of search options (like completed, sold, etc.)

I just noticed this new option to limit your search results.  It is just above the "completed items" check box.  I can find no information on this.  Anyone know how to qualify for that?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Couple of other threads on it.  Presumption is that you have to be authorized by a manufacturer to sell their product so that warranties are valid, or something like that.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Funny, I searched for "authorized reseller" before posting this and none of the posts on the first page had anything to do with it!  

Anyway, I am authorized on many items I sell so I would like to know the process.  Be nice if Ebay would let us know BEFORE rolling out changes like this!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Here's a thread  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-quot-show-only-quot-added/m-p/28474977

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have not seen that in any of my searches. Is it only for specific items?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The other thread people mention it showing up for ipads and other things, but not in Ebay Motors.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@webebuyers wrote:

Anyway, I am authorized on many items I sell so I would like to know the process.  Be nice if Ebay would let us know BEFORE rolling out changes like this!

I just skimmed a small portion of your listings but didn't see any major brands that might qualify. Could you give an example of something you think might?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

authorized seller also seems to mean sponsored item

alan@ebay

as usual, looks like no one considered that PL would appear, hence we have authorized sellers for 40-80 years old items..........  right hand doesn't know what the left is doing again. 

image.png

and this:

image.png

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If only there were JUST 2 hands in the soup...
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

• To be clear about this.......I was making a joke about how silly it is to have PL show up in a search for authorized seller for vintage items..........  but I presume that PL are showing up in ANY search using the authorized seller filter.........which, of course, makes the search totally invalid as the listings are there since they are PL listing that haven't been filtered out..........they aren't there because they are by authorized sellers (tho some may be).............
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
If only there were JUST 2 hands in the soup...

Soup got hands, feet...maybe a backside or two...cannibal stew

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I have 2 accounts on Ebay so depending on the account you will see different things.  I buy direct from several recording artists and music labels on top of some strange items that I won't mention so that I don't give out sourcing ideas to other sellers!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply