cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally listed too many items now my free insertions are 850 items a month. What happened?

I accidentally listed an item to have 100 units when it should have been 10. I was using my mobile phone and everything looked normal. I went on my desktop and learned of the error and quickly fixed it. I am worried about two things. That I am going to be charged insertion fees for 100 items in that one listing. 

Also I noticed that my monthtly free instertions went from 50 to 850 with a $25,000 a month limit (whichever comes first). I got an offer to start a store this month but I did not activate it. I am wondering if I was automatically enrolled into something becuase I listed an item as having 100 units (which is way over my normal selling). 

Alot of things happened after I listed that mistake item and now I am not sure what is happening. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Accidentally listed too many items now my free insertions are 850 items a month. What happened?

Insertion fees are charged per listing, regardless of how  many items the listing offers.

Your free insertions did not increase.  Selelrs who don't hav a Store subscription get 50 free insertions.  What increased was your listing limits.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Your free listings didn't go from 50 to 850, your listing LIMIT went from 50 to 850, two completely different things.

How long have you been selling? eBay automatically reviews limits after 90 days and 25 completed sales.

Always good to get a limit increase even if you don't really need it right now.

The insertion fee for a Fixed Price listing is the same no matter if the quantity is 1, 2 or 2000 but the quantity is counted against your listing limits.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you both for the clarification. I greatly appreciate your time and quick response!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply