cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

I almost forgot about that old account, b-man ...........

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@rainbowcolorz

alan@ebay

My apologies.  Actually I was trying to view an original listing from something that was in my Watch List but ended.  I then went to my Purchase History and thankfully I can still view those listings, although others have reported they can't, so I can't account for why that might be.  

Still there are reasons why a buyer may want to view a completed listing, and if they want to find a similar item, they know how to do that, too, since they found the initial listing.  

I think the new coding was supposed to carve out an exclusion for either the buyer or seller in the transaction for the ended item, such that they would continue to see the existing Sold view of it, and misdirect redirect anyone else who attempted to look at that ended item. 

I noticed while viewing the cnn.com website this afternoon that there was an eBay ad showing an item I had looked at previously from my selling account, and then bought from my buying account. I thought it was kind of odd for eBay to be showing me an item that was already sold, so when I clicked on it (not logged in to the account that bought it), I was instead steered to a completely-wrong live listing for something else of the same brand. 

I found in a little bit of testing that it would let me look at the sold item if I searched by its item number, but only that way. Otherwise, the wrong live listing that it insisted on showing to me instead had no link of any kind that would let me reach the sold item that I wanted to view.

Message 137 of 207
latest reply

So it looks like the new marketing spin at ebay is the word 'experience.'  They're all saying it. Like it's some kind of revelation or new marching orders from on high.

In the real world, I'm really not looking for an 'experience' when I click on sold listings. No more than I want ebay misdirecting me from viewing my monthly fees to listings of books on finance just so they can try to squeeze another dollar out of me in the name of 'experience' when in truth, all they're doing is hijacking my 'experience' and robbing me of my original intent, a simple view of  a sold listing.

This whole thing is nothing more than another money grab and a pretty cheap one at that. My guess - this rollback is only temporary because it wasn't ready for prime time. It will be back.

Soon, this site and it's functionality will be unrecognizable and so full of AI glitches and mis-steps that it will be unusable.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 138 of 207
latest reply

If I want an 'experience', I'll go hike along with Bear Grylls.

DK you have to remember ebay didn't purchase a company that sold information just so they could fold it into the flock and then give away information. A paid for completed search will probably be in the fall update they just tossed it out now to see how much flack they'd get....

Message 140 of 207
latest reply

Dysfunction sells...stock hit $40 yesterday on the news that ebay "might" get 5% of Adyen.
On a semi-related note...the exodus from CA continues...not everybody there sees the world through a lava light.
Message 141 of 207
latest reply

Millions of dollars are changing hands daily from folks accessing ebays completed sold listings information and they aren't paying a penny to ebay for that info.... I catch a grin off it all the time....

Message 142 of 207
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

DK you have to remember ebay didn't purchase a company that sold information just so they could fold it into the flock and then give away information. A paid for completed search will probably be in the fall update they just tossed it out now to see how much flack they'd get....

I know - I knew that when they bought it that we wouldn't be getting any free sold info anymore. But I use other sites to get  better handle on value for what I sell.

And yet again I ask - what numbers are going to be sold/given to these 3PB sites? Listed prices or actual sold prices on BO listings? I can give you my guess right now. Even if they did give the actual sold prices(not my guess), will there be an indication that it was an offer or sold at full price? Everything makes a difference when researching.

DK I suspect it will stay inhouse at ebay my ESPN guess is $29.99 a month to access completed info. As far as what will they use they'll toss everything up right or wrong on ebay they've just got to get it kind of close....

Message 144 of 207
latest reply

My earlier post didn't cover all scenarios. This should provide a better picture of the change:

We are aware that this week some sellers who use search to find ‘completed listings’ occasionally were unable to see their view item page for items that have sold. Some sellers have also reported being rerouted to a page that shows only active listings. We are also aware that some buyers were also unable to see the view item page for items they have purchased.

Buyers and Sellers who have an ‘affinity’ to the item (bought the item or sold the item) should not be redirected when viewing the item they bought/sold. However, if the buyer or seller is not logged in and we do not know their identity, then they would also get redirected when trying to access the original listing. Buyers and sellers can always see the items they bought and sold on their My eBay – those items should not be redirecting.

Yesterday we were able to successfully roll back this new experience back for items that are linked to the eBay catalog. For items that are not linked to the eBay catalog, the experience remains the same; you will be redirected to a similar active listing.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 145 of 207
latest reply

I'm just one of the lucky ones I make my money at the time I purchase for resale I miss once in a great while and just take my lump and keep on rolling....

Message 146 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

My earlier post didn't cover all scenarios. This should provide a better picture of the change:

We are aware that this week some sellers who use search to find ‘completed listings’ occasionally were unable to see their view item page for items that have sold. Some sellers have also reported being rerouted to a page that shows only active listings. We are also aware that some buyers were also unable to see the view item page for items they have purchased.

Buyers and Sellers who have an ‘affinity’ to the item (bought the item or sold the item) should not be redirected when viewing the item they bought/sold. However, if the buyer or seller is not logged in and we do not know their identity, then they would also get redirected when trying to access the original listing. Buyers and sellers can always see the items they bought and sold on their My eBay – those items should not be redirecting.

Yesterday we were able to successfully roll back this new experience back for items that are linked to the eBay catalog. For items that are not linked to the eBay catalog, the experience remains the same; you will be redirected to a similar active listing.

Why???

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 147 of 207
latest reply

Active listings with less than 10 items you can still view the info about each completed transaction BRADFORD CELESTIAL STAR is a shining example...

Message 148 of 207
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

Why???

This change was made to improve the user experience of buyers who land on a closed listings page from search engine results and don’t have a means to buy the item. We want to give buyers a more direct way to find items they are looking for. Unfortunately, this has some unintended consequences on some of our seller community.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 149 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

Why???

This change was made to improve the user experience of buyers who land on a closed listings page from search engine results and don’t have a means to buy the item. We want to give buyers a more direct way to find items they are looking for. Unfortunately, this has some unintended consequences on some of our seller community.

You already show related items in that listing, and inundate the customer with 100 emails about what they looked at - why would you need to do more that only confuses the issue?