cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Seller is not eligible to list a discounted item"

When I go to relist my listing (in bulk) why are several of my listing marked with a yellow exclamation noting that  "Seller is not eligible to list a discounted item" when I go to relist my items?  I don't understand this.  I have been ignoring it for now but really want to know.  Anyone help me understand this?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@atlantajunction

It appears to have something to do with when you put your products "on sale."

Scroll down to the bottom of the page at this link for an explanation: http://support.omnivore.com.au/support/solutions/articles/17000045478-common-ebay-errors-and-how-to-...

HTH

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Never saw or heard about that one before........  are they brand names, something with MSRP prices?  Give us the type of item it is..........

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Maybe you're getting an incorrect error message and the real issue is the borders and writing on your images which are not allowed.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No, they are not brand names or MRSP prices.  One of the items they marked is item# 391988034681

Check it out... 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

No, they are not brand names or MRSP prices.  One of the items they marked is item# 391988034681

Check it out... 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Why does the photo have a border?
It is not allowed.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

That one has been hard for us to understand to.  Sometimes the discount only applies to items in certin catagorys.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

It doesn't have a border...it has a shadow  - practically all my photos are like that so I don't think that is why they are noting

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@atlantajunction

It appears to have something to do with when you put your products "on sale."

Scroll down to the bottom of the page at this link for an explanation: http://support.omnivore.com.au/support/solutions/articles/17000045478-common-ebay-errors-and-how-to-...

HTH

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@livadia   that link isn't working for me.........

I wonder if the bots aren't picking up this verbiage:

ALL OUR JEWELRY IS BRAND NEW AND
DISCOUNTED 50% - 70% OFF RETAIL
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

@livadia   that link isn't working for me.........

I wonder if the bots aren't picking up this verbiage:

ALL OUR JEWELRY IS BRAND NEW AND
DISCOUNTED 50% - 70% OFF RETAIL

@dhbookds   Don't know why the link isn't working for you as I just clicked on it and it takes me directly to the page of interest.  I tried clicking using another browser where I hadn't accessed the page before so it wouldn't be in my cache and it comes up just fine for me.  (?)

Below is a screen shot of the relevant info, though I'm not sure it will be that legible:

DiscountedItems.jpg

Based on the above, I don't think it has anything to do with bots picking up the word "discounted" in the OP's listing.   Sounds to me like a setting is out of whack.  How that happened is anyone's guess, but I definitely wouldn't try getting to the bottom of it with the usual, run-of-the-mill eBay CS rep as it appears to be something that needs to be addressed by someone with familiarity with eBay software  programming AKA someone in eBay's Technical Services department.

@atlantajunction  -- Upon further reflection, you may have better luck in getting assistance if you post this question in the  "Technical Issues" forum here in the eBay Community as it appears to be a setting on your account that needs to be reviewed/remedied by an eBay techie. 

Here's the location of that discussion board:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

If you find out anything more, please come back and update others here.   Sharing info like this with other sellers is about the only way we ever learn/find out about such issues.  Hope this helps!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

STP or Strike Through Pricing is only available to sellers that have been approved for that by eBay. STP are the listings where the "List price" has a strike through, not the 'normal' on sale displayed strike through.

Does sound like a settings glitch somewhere because AFAIK "routine" sellers don't even have the option to select STP.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Be careful reselling chinese jewelry marked 925. None of it is 925.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thank you...that was a help...

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@atlantajunctionwrote:

Thank you...that was a help...

@atlantajunction

You're welcome.  Hope you get it sorted out.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply