cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pita buyers

i have a new, sealed Bluray for sale on ebay.

Potential Buyer: Is this adult-owned (no smoking, pets or kids)? Is this the Target Exclusive?

Thanks!

Me: adult owned but with lots of smoking, lots of pets and lots of kids. Target edition.

Potential Buyer: Are you joking? I ask because one time I got a blu ray that reeked of smoke and other odors that I couldn't keep it.

Me: [buyer blocked].

seriously, its not an angora sweater or a plush baby toy.   how ridiculous!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

pita buyers

Anecdote of just one of several experiences that helped me decide to quit smoking:

I was at a concert at our local performing arts center and went into the restroom during the break. I overheard a conversation between two young women. One said to the other, "the woman sitting beside me smells like stale cigarette smoke and cheap perfume."

I glanced over at her, and I don't think she was sitting anywhere near me, but, boy, did that ever hit close to home.
Message 16 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

You can use Febreeze on an item with a smoke scent, or place outside for awhile, being sure it won't rain or snow, and the fresh air will remove the smoke scent.

No no no to Fabreeze. Many people are highly allergic to something in it.

I'm talking full blown not being able to breathe, trip to the ER allergic.

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

Actually if I where the buyer I would have thought the OP was joking. The answer sounded rude and I would have hit the back button. No need for blocking as I would not have returned.

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@fern*wood wrote:

If there was smoking in my home, I would add that information to my listing descriptions.    We always advise buyers to ask if it is important to them and the listing doesn't say.   I don't know if your answer was serious, but if that was sarcasm, I don't feel that was necessary.

fern - we usually agree but there are times I'd love to do the same thing - the buyer was being stupid.

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

"I think you did that buyer a huge favor by blocking him/her."

I agree.

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

I don't think the buyer is a PITA just for asking questions.

I would rather them ask questions before buying, then to end up getting an INAD.

As far as smoke smell, to a non smoker, it stinks.

As far as pets, some people are allergic to them.

Have a great day
Message 21 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@coolections wrote:

Actually if I where the buyer I would have thought the OP was joking. The answer sounded rude and I would have hit the back button. No need for blocking as I would not have returned.

Though not allergic, I can't stand the smell of febreeze, or most fragrances put into cleaning products.  Even when you select the so-called fragrance free products,  I can usually smell some sort of putrid perfume smell.  I assume its from the products being made in the same factory or shipped in the same truck with the smelly stuff.

The other day I bought some dish soap that was labeled  'pure and clear' with 'no unnecessary ingredients'.  It was obviously scented, so I guess someone felt the scent was necessary?  I usually open and sniff before buying, but this time I was fooled by the packaging and label claim.  Not worth the time to return it,  I'll just live with the foo foo smell in the kitchen for awhile. 

Message 22 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

sorry coolections, reply was meant for gemar-8637

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I would rather them ask questions before buying, then to end up getting an INAD.

Agreed. I’m still questioning the kids part though. They ask about kids, but not perfumes. 😂

Shouldn’t it be smoke, pets, perfume.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 24 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

I smoked 4 packs a day - no joke - for about 30 years.

I had NO IDEA I smelled that bad until after I stopped and met or walked by smokers!!!!!

Both of my daughters tell me now that they were teased and there were children who wouldn’t sit by them or play with them because they smelled of smoke.

I was both saddened and horrified.

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Agreed. I’m still questioning the kids part though. They ask about kids, but not perfumes. 😂

I've seen how some kids handle the disk and maybe they are afraid it'll be all scratched up.

Have a great day
Message 26 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@e-cheddar wrote:

Potential Buyer: Is this adult-owned (no smoking, pets or kids)? Is this the Target Exclusive?

Thanks!

Me: adult owned but with lots of smoking, lots of pets and lots of kids. Target edition.

Potential Buyer: Are you joking? I ask because one time I got a blu ray that reeked of smoke and other odors that I couldn't keep it.

Why are these particular people even buying online?   

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@e-cheddar wrote:

Thanks!

lots of heavy smoking, lots of non-potty trained pets and lots of diaper wearing kids.  scream

Message 28 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I've seen how some kids handle the disk and maybe they are afraid it'll be all scratched up.

It’s brand new sealed. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 29 of 60
latest reply

pita buyers

They sound reasonable but worried to me - probably burned a few times by crummy sellers and getting gun shy.

Message 30 of 60
latest reply