cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pita buyers

i have a new, sealed Bluray for sale on ebay.

Potential Buyer: Is this adult-owned (no smoking, pets or kids)? Is this the Target Exclusive?

Thanks!

Me: adult owned but with lots of smoking, lots of pets and lots of kids. Target edition.

Potential Buyer: Are you joking? I ask because one time I got a blu ray that reeked of smoke and other odors that I couldn't keep it.

Me: [buyer blocked].

seriously, its not an angora sweater or a plush baby toy.   how ridiculous!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: pita buyers

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I don't think the buyer is a PITA just for asking questions.

I would rather them ask questions before buying, then to end up getting an INAD.

As far as smoke smell, to a non smoker, it stinks.

As far as pets, some people are allergic to them.

Agreed. I’m still questioning the kids part though. They ask about kids, but not perfumes. 😂

Shouldn’t it be smoke, pets, perfume.

I've seen how some kids handle the disk and maybe they are afraid it'll be all scratched up.

it was graded and NEW/SEALED.

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

@e-cheddar wrote:

I also get buyers asking if a used CD/CD-Rom game has scratches.  I don't even look at the item, I just respond, "Yes, it has scratches.  It's used."

Wow.

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Personally, I really wish that people that bathed in perfume would realize that there are people allergic to that, as well.  It will permeate jewelry with stones like turquoise, it won't come out of clothing or other fabrics and not all perfumes or colognes are even pleasant to be around for very short periods of time.  Perhaps if they bathed more often instead, ....  Smiley Surprised

I worked for some years as a bike messenger and must have huffed in tons of smog and diesel fumes during that time, buried in downtown traffic and huffing up our steep hills. I'm probably impervious to just about everything after that.  Except perfume and it's amazing how people dump it on themselves - men's cologne is the worst for me - it ties my lungs into a knot and I have no idea why.  I'd rather have something smell honestly of smoke than having it smell like smoke covered up with Fabreez.

As for the questions - I answer them all unless they're just plain rude. Even people who write to admonish me to 'pack carefully' despite the fact that I've been doing this for years - they've probably gotten some of the horrible packing jobs I've gotten down through the years so I don't blame them for being gun shy, and it's my pleasure to assure them that their item will be packed with TLC. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 48 of 60
latest reply

Sorry to ask but what the heck is a PITA?
Message 49 of 60
latest reply

but OP said the disk was new/sealed! But maybe kids tossed it around or tried to open the darn thing!
Message 50 of 60
latest reply

@moldy5 wrote:
Sorry to ask but what the heck is a PITA?

Google is your friend....

In the context of this thread it is NOT a Mediterranean or Middle Eastern flatbread.

Message 51 of 60
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Personally, I really wish that people that bathed in perfume would realize that there are people allergic to that, as well.  It will permeate jewelry with stones like turquoise, it won't come out of clothing or other fabrics and not all perfumes or colognes are even pleasant to be around for very short periods of time.  Perhaps if they bathed more often instead, ....  Smiley Surprised

I worked for some years as a bike messenger and must have huffed in tons of smog and diesel fumes during that time, buried in downtown traffic and huffing up our steep hills. I'm probably impervious to just about everything after that.  Except perfume and it's amazing how people dump it on themselves - men's cologne is the worst for me - it ties my lungs into a knot and I have no idea why.  I'd rather have something smell honestly of smoke than having it smell like smoke covered up with Fabreez.

As for the questions - I answer them all unless they're just plain rude. Even people who write to admonish me to 'pack carefully' despite the fact that I've been doing this for years - they've probably gotten some of the horrible packing jobs I've gotten down through the years so I don't blame them for being gun shy, and it's my pleasure to assure them that their item will be packed with TLC. 

yeah, those that ask for specific packaging AFTER they purchase get on my last nerve too...I typically point out to them that they should make their demands known BEFORE they bid/purchase. 

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

"As a result of all of this, I was born asthmatic - but no doctors ever mentioned it was due or triggered by smoking until I was an adult.

When Mom died and we went to paint her room to sell the house, nicotine was so thick on the walls, we could not paint it - we had to wash years of yellowing stains from the walls before we could do the job. If it did that to the walls in the house, I shuddered to think of what it was doing to her lungs. I cried.

Both my parents smoked...a pack a day at least. I was 7 when I started to cough. At eight I had 3/4 of a lung removed because of a tumor. We used to take long road trips because my Mom wrote books about early California. Both of them smoked all the time even after my surgery. And my Mom was a nurse in WW2 and for awhile after. Had she NO clue...I will never know. At least I didn't die....and I know for a fact that 2nd hand smoke kills.
Message 53 of 60
latest reply

No one answered...

PITA...Pain in the ...er...**bleep**.
Message 54 of 60
latest reply

@e-cheddar wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I don't think the buyer is a PITA just for asking questions.

I would rather them ask questions before buying, then to end up getting an INAD.

As far as smoke smell, to a non smoker, it stinks.

As far as pets, some people are allergic to them.

Agreed. I’m still questioning the kids part though. They ask about kids, but not perfumes. 😂

Shouldn’t it be smoke, pets, perfume.

I've seen how some kids handle the disk and maybe they are afraid it'll be all scratched up.

it was graded and NEW/SEALED.

Good point, perhaps buyer missed that~or perhaps he had bought another one so designated that was misrepresented.  Better safe than sorry?

Message 55 of 60
latest reply

Their response to your response is classic.  "Are you joking?"  You should have responded....  "Are YOU joking?"

Message 56 of 60
latest reply

No sane person wants to purchase goods that reek of nicotine. Nicotine odor is notoriously difficult to scrub out, whether or not your items are still factory sealed.

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

@lonewanderer1553 wrote:
No sane person wants to purchase goods that reek of nicotine. Nicotine odor is notoriously difficult to scrub out, whether or not your items are still factory sealed.

So do you send a similar message to every seller before purchasing online?  Do you send a similar message to Macys, Lowe's, etc.?  Just curious if you think it is sane to send a message like the buyer sent and the follow up message they sent on a new/sealed item?   

The OP's post makes perfect sense to me.  In fact, I give them an A+ for style and content. 

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

@moldy5 wrote:
but OP said the disk was new/sealed! But maybe kids tossed it around or tried to open the darn thing!

It was the chain-smoking poodle. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 59 of 60
latest reply

Too funny.
Message 60 of 60
latest reply