cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sales

The only thing yet that i can say is good , no advertizements .

however i have had a sale from the start of this .

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: no sales

Some eBay sellers have this strategy:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Xb4AAOSwxg5X1luF/s-l1600.jpg

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

No sales for 6 days ... Until a year and a half ago, we made at least $100 every day.  Now we are lucky to make that in 2 weeks.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

According to the Seller Hub I am down over 15% from last year. I need to add more books with better sales history. Right now I am spending more time researching my unsolds more carefully on ebay and I'm having to discard a lot of books. This is depressing because my incoming inventory stream is getting weaker as sources dry up. 

I would never EVER recommend online sales to a young person.  It was more doable 10 or more years ago but now it's just hard and it's not just me but other sellers I know.  I sell media and the market for CDs and DVDs has largely collapsed, and ebooks take a bite from books. I would say it's an ambitious part-time income or low-end full-time income which is OK for me because my husband covers the major family expenses from his lawyer income. I feel like all I do is save enough money to pay taxes. 

Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

I suspect the following problems - 

1) NOT ENOUGH ADVERTISEMENT and none in my area -  Daily I see adds for other competing companies but never see an ebay radio or TV add.

2) Sellers Hub is an absolute mess and is believed to be adding to site difficulties.

3) The month of September is historically the worst.

4) To many part timers who are scewing the cost of products. Buyers are being trained to buy cheap and complain to get it for free or at a significant loss

5) Going from 2% - 1% in Ebay bucks probably has a small impact. Typically the last day of a month is strong as buyers try to ramp up the dollar amounts. Today, nothing so far with 8,200 active listings.

I am a firm believer that EBAY needs significant change - But as long as we keep paying the bills little will change with the exception of more fee's. Over the last 18 months I have been using other platforms and they are competing at a lower cost. Limiting to just ebay sales can really impact your efforts. With there recent history, not sure why someone would do so.

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

I have 500 items in my store and have had no sales for a week.  What is going on ??????????

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

I'm sure I will offend someone with this statement but as I read these boards and see what's being said I have to state that not many people are buying stuff, well because OUR economy sucks, we have a guy who wants to bomb us because we are evil, school is back in session, companies might have slowed down and from what I see people are spooked, no one is looking to buy anything and most sales that I have seen are BIN and no one knows for sure just how long those items that sold have been relisted or how long they sat ( unless there is a program I dont know about..lol )

with millions and millions of items up for sale all around the world unless you own the monopoly of a certain catagory it's always hit or miss.. if there are sellers who havent made money maybe have a back up of other stuff to sell, look & see around you what's available in a thrift store or even better market your stuff.. summer was just here and a great time to print up fliers or whatever and walk around and put them places.. Your success always starts with you & with the internet the was it's going you can advertise just about anywhere in this world just have to figure out where and what city-state-country is selling the most stuff and why.. 🙂

Then again I could be wrong about all of this but then again could just be another potential buyer..never know 🙂

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

My sales have been nonexistent.  I have realized that this is the new normal for selling [car parts] on ebay; To hope for anything grander, would seem to be moot folly.  I'm letting, what little I have listed, close out, and I will then re-think.  Wecome to the NEW  *ebay 5 & dime*.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

I have spoken to eBay and was told they are updating the app and it's preventing them from seeing our buying our items.
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@davewearsredsox wrote:

Over the last 18 months I have been using other platforms and they are competing at a lower cost. Limiting to just ebay sales can really impact your efforts. With there recent history, not sure why someone would do so.

I  have also sold elsewhere for nearly 20 years.  I would not run a business based only on ebay.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

No sales here, today is day 8. I have been adding items completely unlike what I usually sell. 30 day returns, free shipping on everything. Have had over 100 items on markdown manager every day for the past 3 weeks, since last night about 160 marked down. NOTHING.

Good thing I like mac & cheese cuz it's all I can afford.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

I see 37 listings-hope that helps

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

My sales have been dismal for months; I had 600 items listed, and not even 10% of it sold. Last week I had 108 items on auction and 8 pieces sold. I had a wider variety in the past few weeks, but as items ended without sale, I am 100% reluctant to relist them for a no sale. If the problem is ebay's system update then ebay should be compensating the thousands of sellers that have been stranded with almost no sales for months..... free listings, lower fees. They keep promoting donation sales for more visibility, as well as seller's own sales promotion. I ran sales promotion and donation simultaneously, with NO improvement whatsoever. I've just about had it here.
Message 27 of 36
latest reply

YOU NEED TO LIST MORE!!!

The Artificial Intellegence Computer Bots that have been implemented across the eBay platform are there to outsmart you and make ebay money. If you are not listing 24-7 you are not gonna be selling.

The Artificial Intellegence bots scan your account thousands of times daily waiting for you to list something. And the longer you go without listing something then the slower your sales.

Ebay runs on listing fees. If you are not spending .30cents a clip to list your junk then the sales get pointed to the guy that does.

Einstein would be proud!

Good luck !!!! May God be with you.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

"I have 500 items in my store and have had no sales for a week.  What is going on ??????????"

I know right? Wat da hey?

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Sales are way down.  Not quite sure what's up, but it has been for a few months now.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply