cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a seller in baton rouge, la

i have a lot of stuff i need to sell but can't handle  it on my own, looking for a honest person to help me

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: looking for a seller in baton rouge, la

The chances of someone from that area seeing this are nil. People posting or reading have issues with their account. At any given time, there are only a small number of people that read or post here. 

If you are looking for a consignment type setup, most of those are going to charge maybe 35% or more for doing all the work for you. You would need to do a search and ask people that have used a service. Pretty sure this is not something that people here are going to make suggestions on who to use if they knew someone, esp on an open forum.  

If you are looking for an employee, you would need to do your own searching in your area. Again, not something that we can help with. 

If that person did not turn out to be honest, they would not want the repercussions. 

If you are planning on using this account, you need to be signed up for Managed Pay and payouts would be subject to up to 30 day holds as a new or returning seller. 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@albert6502 wrote:

i have a lot of stuff i need to sell but can't handle  it on my own, looking for a honest person to help me

You've sold in the past. 

I'm near BR , but sorry,  I don't sell other peoples items..too much of a hassel. Plus your sales would show up on my 1099 making things a big mess. I like to keep it simple.

Best to do that on your own..list a few items at a time so your not overwhelmed. . 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Honestly, if you want to sell it sell it as a large lot of items for $ xx in your local paper or online site.  No one wants to help you sell items.  The time is too much, the money is too little and the exposure is too horrible.  Charge backs, returns, and  returned items that turned out to be rocks ended selling for others.

Now, if you had a picture of a lot of good items for one price-that would interest people.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I would just sell it locally.  Maybe Craigslist or FB...taking on and selling other peoples merchandise rarely works out for the seller.  You have taxes, fees, etc and the seller is not likely to take that expense on for someone else.  
Good luck. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I wouldn't sell other people's stuff because for 6 months I'm on the hook for refunds. I would want to keep all the proceeds from your item for 6 months plus you'd need to give me return shipping money before I listed  in case it's needed.

Then eBay sends a 1099-K to the IRS for "my" sales which are really yours and that makes it complicated. 

You might find a seller who will buy all your items if you make them a good deal. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@redmodelt 

Not as nil as you would think. I'm a yankee transplant to Louisiana and not far from Baton Rouge. But, I would'nt take on the responsiblity of someone else's items. Too much of a hassel especially during tax time. Plus needing somewhere to put it. The cons are building up much faster than the pros. Egads I'm getting a migraine just thinking about it. 

@albert6502 

As the other responders said sell locally, do consignment, have a yard/garage sale or sell on Facebook or craigs list. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I do a lot of consignment for businesses.  Commercial type items and excess inventory, high tech items etc.  When all is said and done, including all expenses,  my cut and taking 20% off the top of their take for income taxes, they clear about 30% of the sale price.  

I couldn't even imagine trying to sell a other person's junk from around their house/garage.  Would not be worth the hassle even if you cherry picked the good stuff. 

Posting ID
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

The 1099K does not make things complicated. Just like writing off other expenses.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

It is against ebay policy to exchange personal contact info with other members.

You will not find anyone here that you can personaly contact.

You will need to look locally for someone.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Once upon a time, eBay had the Trading Partners program, and that didn't work out, so they tried eBay Valet and that also failed.  The fact is, that selling things for others has so many problems and pitfalls that very, very few people will do it.

The first problem is that people nearly always have an unrealistic idea of the value of their stuff, so a lot of emotional drama develops.  Then there are questions such as: "How will you and the seller handle the refund when a buyer waits 179 days and then files a claim with PayPal or does a credit card chargeback?"  Are you willing to wait 180 days for your money?  If not, will you guarantee to cover the loss if this happens?  How will you guarantee that?  Or, "Who eats the loss if a buyer gets a refund but the returned item is damaged or a sorry substitute is sent? " And those are just a couple of issues, out of several equally serious ones.

So, the chances of your finding anyone who will sell for you are slim to none.  Sorry to be discouraging.

If you do find someone, be sure you have a clean, detailed, written contract.

-

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Who's social security number will be given to the IRS for income tax purposes?  Are you willing to wait a year for the money until the chance of asking for a chargeback or refund is complete?

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Maybe just a regular local auction house would fit your needs? or is this stuff they don't want?  Donation time?

trying to find someone else to sell your stuff here isn't in most people cards  lately. 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@albert6502 

It is against eBay policy to exchange personal contact info with other members. -@janet9988 

Would it be against eBay policy for albert6502 to purchase an item he liked from an eBay member that agrees to assist (then both users would have contact information plus contact after purchase is ok)?

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Thanks everyone, your replies were helpful, I will just need to bite the bullet and do it myself.

Best regards

Message 15 of 30
latest reply