cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to hide my account on my listed items from users not logged in and specific uses

I have some ebay stalkers that troll the items I sell.   I'm wondering if ebay has any privacy settings that would allow buyers to only see my account name if they are logged in.  It would then be nice to be able to hide my account info or listed items from specific accounts.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: is there a way to hide my account on my listed items from users not logged in and specific uses

No.  There is no way to hide active listings from viewers even if their ID is blocked.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Re: is there a way to hide my account on my listed items from users not logged in and specific uses

Wouldn't just blocking those buyers accomplish the same goal?  

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

How can i get more people to "troll the items I sell"?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Anyone can SEE the listings and seller page.

Blocked members are just blocked from buying.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Have you tried changing your ID to see if the issue resolves?  You are allowed to change you ID once every 30 days and you keep your feedback and seller status on this account.

Or if that won't work, you selling account is young.  Just start up a new one and sell under the new ID.  You do lose your FB, but you can build it up again.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@tivitav 

You can always change your id name.  If you know these stalkers ID, you should block them as well. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks.  Guess I didn't understand that the OP felt threatened by certain buyers being able to see their items.  Even though they could not actually buy or bid.  

How would you even know who were only seeing your listings, not buying, not bidding? 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

You can set up an automatic Block on specific members.

You can set up an automatic Block on any members with Strikes for non-payment.

You can Block specific countries and even entire continents.

You can Block some US addresses (outside mainland, APO and even the safest possible address - PO mailboxes).

Looking at your items shouldn't harm you in anyway.

You are selling computer stuff, which is a high value/high fraud category.

Problems come with the territory.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@tivitav 

You can always change your id name. 

If the trolls used "save seller" to put the seller on their favorites list, the new ID will translate so those trolls will still be following the seller under their new ID.

If the seller's page is bookmarked on someone's browser, that bookmark will redirect as needed to the new ID for 30 days.

Changing an ID will not work. Creating a new account entirely is a possibility, though not sure I'd recommend a new account start selling computers and electronics. I guess it depends how bad this stalking issue is.

With only 2 items listed, I might suggest taking a break from selling and hoping these trolls lose interest.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Do you understand what the OP's purpose would be? He is not complaining about people bidding or buying, as I understand it.  His complaint is that they are able to view his listings.  What kind of damage does that do? 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

How could the OP even know who is looking at his/her listings?  

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@tivitav wrote:

I have some ebay stalkers that troll the items I sell.   I'm wondering if ebay has any privacy settings that would allow buyers to only see my account name if they are logged in.  It would then be nice to be able to hide my account info or listed items from specific accounts.

No, there's no mechanism to do that. But assuming that this is not personal (and I assume it's not, because you describe these stalkers as trolling your items, not you yourself), you're going to get various scam offers and such whenever you list items such as laptops. That comes with the territory, unfortunately. You might be better off selling those locally for cash.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hi @tivitav 

what has happened that has prompted your question?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Probably people he knows, and he doesn't want them knowing his business -- what he owns and what $$ he's taking in. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply