cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it okay to sell videos ( normal videos not adult content ) on eBay?

is it okay to sell videos on eBay?

to list a video thumbnail and describe video content and post listing for let's say $1 or $2?

when someone buys it i have the video uploaded to a unique link to download it i send them link through eBay messages same as people who sell video games codes and so on in eBay messages is that ok?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: is it okay to sell videos ( normal videos not adult content ) on eBay?

His posts have been reported and pulled.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I understand what you are saying.

The answer is No, if you want to have a selling account here.

The answer is Yes, if you want ebay to shut your seller account down.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Oh, my young jedi....

Ebay punishes people here for things that aren't even their fault, things that are out of their control, things that often are the fault of ebay themselves.

You really have no idea.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

why? 
Does eBay punish people here for their intentions?

Ebay has no idea what your intentions are, but the do know what the LAWS are pertaining to selling stuff like you want to.  And because of that they are not willing to allow these types of items to be sold here.  It is after all Ebay's site.  They have every right to prohibit whatever they choose to from being sold here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

where is copyright here
i am selling link to it
i am selling a link to download it from unique anonymous files sharing sites
and also just a link to a YouTube video i am just selling access to a video which people may haven't seen 

That sounds like a really bad idea.
Even if it is YOUR video (and I mean your video, although right now I'm not sure you are understanding).

@dakbat-61 wrote:

you understand my point?

Yes, I do.
First it must be YOUR video, meaning something personal you filmed yourself doing or some such.
Then you can burn it to a CD or a thumb drive so you can sell and ship it out.
Whether that will actually work in terms of sales I couldn't say, but it would be legal.

@bonjourami wrote:

nouvbei-0   Is this the id you started today with three new posts in here to illegally download movies from another site?

That certainly fills in the blanks, I was hoping it wasn't that but the "anonymous file sharing" thing certainly tipped the scales already.

You know @dakbat-61 we're not stupid, most of us have been selling here for a very long time, like 10+ years or more. In that time we've seen folks like you come and go, as a matter of fact there's about one of you almost every day so we're never short on material that keeps us up-to-date on the latest shenanigans so yes, we know pretty quickly when someone is up to no good and the folks at ebay are even faster than we are.

That said I will give you a tip of advice:
If you are simply asking the same question over waiting to get the answer you want to hear, that is not likely to work out good for you and I speak from my own experience in these matters.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

Yes, I understand your point. You're trying to sell access to illegal download sites. It's still a federal crime and not allowed on eBay.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

not illegal download 
i mean a YouTube video link for example that some buyers may not have seen so they pay 1 or 2 dollars i send them the YouTube link

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

not illegal download 
i mean a YouTube video link for example that some buyers may not have seen so they pay 1 or 2 dollars i send them the YouTube link

Do you really think that will make you any money?

Your buyer would probably just leave negative feedback, request a return and get a refund.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

not illegal download 

Then ignore the advice you have received here and sell what you want to sell.  In time you will learn.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

not illegal download 

Why would anyone pay you a dollar or two when they can go to YouTube and watch it for free?

Have a great day
Message 25 of 25
latest reply