cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see description

A week ago, I published an ad for a product offered on another seller’s account on eBay, and I put it at a higher price. Someone bought from me, so I bought from the original merchant and put the address of the buyer who bought from me.
Now the buyer wants to return the product to me, what should I do?
How do I coordinate a return? And return the money?
Yes, I discovered that such a process is not acceptable on eBay, so I am requesting a solution now without causing problems

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

@dakbat-61 

Buyer bought from you, you bought from someone else and used your buyers address as yours.

My understanding of this fiasco is that now buyer wants to return.

Have your buyer open a return request, then accept said request and refund immediately. Buyer will keep item and the money.

Could tell you not to do this on eBay, but it seems many have already stated this. It’s not good and will be a lose/lose situation for you.

Message 31 of 66
latest reply

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

I live in the United States, but I use this account, which I do not own and do not open from my home, browser, or phone, to avoid any connection between it and my original account. Of course, I am not so naive as to use my main account to ask questions here in the eBay community. Many here are filled with fanaticism and aggression towards Anyone trying to understand or asking for help, I don't know why

Message 32 of 66
latest reply

"Do not try to further involve the other seller by opening any cases against them to get a refund from them"

why?

can't i return it as in front of original seller my address is my buyer address you understand?

one more problem is that my buyer found my seller information on a piece of paper sent with the item and he contacted the original seller which made it more complicated now

Message 33 of 66
latest reply

You posted several times and seemed to pass over the details.

There is only one way to handle this:

Your buyer requested a return.

You have the option to have him return the item to you.  

Or you can refund him without requesting a return.

When (and if) you get the item back from your buyer, you may be able to request a return from the seller you purchased from. 

You cannot ask/force the seller you purchased from to accept a return from a buyer that purchased from you.

Pretend that the seller you purchased from is not involved in the transaction.

It is between you and your buyer. 

Once you get the item back from your buyer, you may have options to request a return from your seller.

I'm guessing you now understand the problem with this type of transaction and why eBay prohibits this. 

Message 34 of 66
latest reply

Your buyer paid you a higher price than you paid the seller you bought from.  So your buyer will be due the larger amount you received. 

Message 35 of 66
latest reply

You accept the return and when you get the item back YOU list it for sale and sell it the proper way now that YOU own it.

No, you do NOT try to return it to the person you tried to use as a dropshipper.

Message 36 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

I live in the United States, but I use this account, which I do not own and do not open from my home, browser, or phone, to avoid any connection between it and my original account.

one more problem is that my buyer found my seller information on a piece of paper sent with the item and he contacted the original seller which made it more complicated now

At first I thought this was just a 'popcorn' event, but now I just about need a diaper, I am laughing so hard. 

Message 37 of 66
latest reply

I don't even know what to make of this comment.

I live in the United States, but I use this account, which I do not own and do not open from my home, browser, or phone, to avoid any connection between it and my original account.

Message 38 of 66
latest reply

Yea this guy is trolling. A person using an account that wasn't theirs, or who was trying to sell copyright videos, or commiting retail arbitrage wouldn't be broadcasting that kind of stuff on the forum & shinning a light on themself lol. This guy is just baiting everyone

Message 39 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

You are trying to not have to be out any money. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

You listed an item you didn't have. When it sold you then bought it from a seller in Germany and gave that seller a false address. (The address of your buyer in Germany)

Now your buyer wants to send it back for a refund. Major problem since your buyer needs to send it back to you, supposedly you are in the USA, and not the seller you bought it from in Germany.

You are going to have to do 1 of 2 things.

1. Refund your buyer in full out of the funds they paid you and let them keep the item. (Your Best Choice)

2 Tell the buyer to return the item to you. You will have to provide either a shipping label or shipping money to your buyer to pay for the label since they are in Germany to send it back to you in the USA + you will have to refund there original purchase and shipping.  (Bad Choice)

Then if you do receive the item back to you in the USA, you could then ask the seller you bought it from to return it back to Germany, but with only a 30 day window from the date you purchased I don't think you will have the time to actually do that.

You need to just accept responsibility for the mess you created, refund your buyer in full, and move on taking this as a learning experience of what not to do selling on eBay. The seller you bought the item from should not have to deal with any of this mess at all that you created.

Message 40 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

The hole is getting deeper. Before both buyer and seller report you I suggest refunding the buyer in full without requiring a return. Or put your account at risk of suspension.

Message 41 of 66
latest reply

you do NOT try to return it to the person you tried to use as a dropshipper.

why???

Message 42 of 66
latest reply

haha ... why?

Message 43 of 66
latest reply

never .. i just protect my main account you understand?

Message 44 of 66
latest reply

Original seller is big and top rated so i am sure they sent the item i purchased but my buyer is not satisfied and he doesn't need it.

what if i request a return from my seller then get shipping label send to my buyer to ship it back to my seller directly without passing it to me as i live in a different country and i don't have an address in the country where my buyer and my seller live

why not to ask my seller a return and print shipping label send to my buyer to ship the item back to me which my address is my seller address in this case so we can have the item fully returned and i get refunded then refund my buyer what do you think?

my seller doesn't know my address he only considers my address which is actually my buyer address you understand?
so if i request a return from my seller then ask my buyer to return won't that work?

Message 45 of 66
latest reply