Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i contact ebay, telephone #?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Forget about a telephone number. A legitimate one to solve a problem or get a reliable answer does not exist, to my knowledge - mostly scam phone numbers.

If you do get a so-called eBay rep on one of the phone numbers, do NOT trust what they say. They are contractors who are unreliable. Even if you can understand what they're saying, they will often tell you anything you want to hear, just to get you off the phone.

If you want to contact a real eBay employee who can get things done, contact them at Ebay For Business on Facebook, or the equivalent on Twitter. I have used the Facebook contact a couple times in the recent past, and my question was answered correctly, or the problem was solved relatively quickly. When using Facebook to contact them, do NOT simply post there. Use the private message button instead to get thing rolling.

Cheers Duffy

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

+1 to what duffy4444 posted.  Contacting CS through the ebay site is akin to having a bad joke played on you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It appears that eBay is adjusting a member's ability to speak via phone to an agent.
EBay forces a member to work thru a chat bot only to be allowed to email a concern to eBay.

This option to only AI chat and email now happens during eBay business hours.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've actually had decent luck with people on the phone.  2 successful resolutions in the last 2 months, and they were somewhat complicated matters.  I'm not aware of a CALL-IN number at this time, but if you click on "help" and continue to try to get the answer you are looking for even though the categories don't match, it will even have you start over, but just keep clicking your way maybe spend 5 minutes doing clicking on "sellers" or whatever your category is.  If they offer the bot auto-chat, then type "phone call" into the text response.  At some point after doing this for 5 minutes or so, a message will pop up, "Do you want us to call you?"   YES!  That return call comes in fast.   Often in a minute or two.  

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It has been well over two years since you could call eBay directly.  Do not look for a phone number on the web, as any that you find will take you directly to scammers.  You can use "Contact Us" under "Help & Contact" to arrange to have a CSR call you.

-

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As an experienced eBayer, you probably are aware that many issues you may encounter on eBay can be handled without making any phone calls.

If you care to share your issue with us, it may be that someone here can help you.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 8
latest reply