cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free listings?

For a long time (years it seems) I'd get a 500-1000 free listings promo on a monthly basis.  Then I opened a store this June and I haven't had a free listings promo since. I hate paying to list stuff...

Am I allowed to open another account, just to get the free 50 listings & the promos?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: free listings?

Yes, you can open another selling account. I personally have three, one store and two non-store accounts. Some sellers have more.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

“For a long time (years it seems) I'd get a 500-1000 free listings promo on a monthly basis. ”

No one regularly gets those now. eBay apparently wasn’t making enough money on the marginal stuff most people listed when they got those offers.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/help/account/questions/second-account.html

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

EBay says: Why give something away for free when someone is willing to pay for it?

I never understand why anyone would pay real hard earned money to list here. Now, maybe 10 years ago, I could understand it it, but not today.

But to answer your question, yes you can open another account. It has to be another email address though.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

FYI - Store owners (a majority that complain here) note they no longer get any promos on their store owned ID. Seems once you get stuck paying for 250 listings (or whatever amount it is per month for the store you pick) - ebay is making guaranteed money per month from you (on contract) and your acct. has no reason to be getting additional freebies over the 50 free a month. A long time ago - I once had a store and it seems the flow STOPPED once I opened it - after it was closed my sales resumed the amount I had before the store - for me - the Store - No More.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No added free listings since we opened our store.  Was really hoping for the promo through the holiday season!Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have had the same experience.  When I bought a store they did have a few promotions and then those stopped.  I recently received one for 100 listings at 5 cents each which wasn't bad but not free.  I do not understand eBay's thinking.  I usually make $1,000 or more in November, December and January and about half that the rest of the months.  I am now sitting under $500 for November.  Why take away free listings eBay, doesn't make anything if we don't sell.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

No store here and I haven't received a free listing promo in a long time. I really thought they would give out at least 100 listings to everyone for Black Friday/cyber Monday.

I am trying to figure out how the ebay bots pick and choose who gets them and who doesn't. 

I am a tsr with 100% feedback

I sell some new/some used items

I always use every single one of my 50 listings ( never go over)

the only thing that I do that might put me on the do not give promo list is once I use my 50 listings, I start making drafts for the next month. I usually have 15 to 20 drafts ready to go at all times. Maybe next month I won't make any drafts after I use my 50 and see if that makes a difference. 

Have any of you guys figured out why some people seem to get the promos and some don't?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@nbgrandma wrote:

I have had the same experience.  When I bought a store they did have a few promotions and then those stopped.  I recently received one for 100 listings at 5 cents each which wasn't bad but not free.  I do not understand eBay's thinking.  I usually make $1,000 or more in November, December and January and about half that the rest of the months.  I am now sitting under $500 for November.  Why take away free listings eBay, doesn't make anything if we don't sell.

The site is overloaded with clutter all the time. If you had a reasonable expectaction an item would sell there is no reason not to pay for the listing. Instead people list thousands of items for free hoping a few sell. Free listings gave birth to duplicate listings and pages and pages of listings that are the same item with one tiny change in the title. Those listings make potential buyers angry. Free listings need to go the way of the dodo bird. eBay needs to RAISE listing fees and lower fvf's. That is the single best improvement they could make to the site. It's time they lighten up on "sellers" and go heavier on "listers".

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@coinsnioc wrote:

For a long time (years it seems) I'd get a 500-1000 free listings promo on a monthly basis.  Then I opened a store this June and I haven't had a free listings promo since. I hate paying to list stuff...

Am I allowed to open another account, just to get the free 50 listings & the promos?

Remember one thing --- for every account you open you are competing against yourself for search placement

If eBay would eliminate "free" listings we would all be better off --- in the good old days only things worth paying for were listed --- it was just like your table at the swap meet --- you never wasted space on things that would not sell --- with free listings a seller can put up worthless junk at ridiculous prices hoping a fool will come along ...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I would happily go back to the good old days and pay to listing fees while paying 3.5% in fvf's with no fvf's on shipping. In those days BOTH ebay and sellers made money.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@ibuyagdolls wrote:
I would happily go back to the good old days and pay to listing fees while paying 3.5% in fvf's with no fvf's on shipping. In those days BOTH ebay and sellers made money.

Ditto

Message 13 of 13
latest reply