cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fee relief due to slumping sales

Hi - does anyone know if ebay will be offering any kind of fee relief due to slumping sales because of the corona virus?  I may have to cancel my store subscription because I'm not making enough money to pay the fees!!

My sales were down over 35% in 2019 and 2020 is off to a VERY slow start

bruce

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Why would they?
Message 2 of 65
latest reply

That would be nice, but have you considered...

If the sellers are making less money, that means ebay is also making less money.

What makes you think ebay would offer you a discount?

Would you offer your customers a discount on your items because they (Bob the plumber, Sue the baker, Joe the mechanic) are making less money?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 65
latest reply

@bruce.carlson wrote:

Hi - does anyone know if ebay will be offering any kind of fee relief due to slumping sales because of the corona virus?  I may have to cancel my store subscription because I'm not making enough money to pay the fees!!

My sales were down over 35% in 2019 and 2020 is off to a VERY slow start

bruce

I don't know, but IMHO fee relief will not be offered.

My sales were down in 2019, too and there was no pandemic.  I needed some relief, so I downgraded my store.  Sometimes, we just have to create our own relief.  

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

We are all in the same boat. I don't see any fee decreases coming, eBay is probably feeling the effects of the downturn at least as badly as individual sellers are. Shutting down your store would be the same thing as a corporation laying off employees.

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

@bruce.carlson   I would not count on any relief from eBay on Fees ... Coronavirus is a short term problem for the entire world.  In 2009 the Swine Flu hit the world and here in the US approximately 17,000 people died and our population was about 306.8 million (death percentage = 0.00554%).  The stock market took a hit too and it took 6 months for it to recover and rebound.

But keep this in mind ... back then NO travel restrictions were enacted and it ran its course.  With Coronavirus early action by our government with the China travel restriction limited its spread to the US.  More bans will further reduce the number of infected people coming to the US ... as of this morning there have been 37 US deaths ... that number has not changed in at least a day to day and a half ... in order for Coronavirus to reach the same death % of the 2009 Swine Flu approximately 20,400 Americans would have to die from it,  our current population is over 369 million ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 65
latest reply

Slumping sales due to the coronavirus?

What's not selling due to the coronavirus?

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

What does 2019 sales have anything to do with this Pandemic? 

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

@bruce.carlson wrote:

Hi - does anyone know if ebay will be offering any kind of fee relief due to slumping sales because of the corona virus? 

bruce

ROFL.

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

to keep their sellers that pay the fees that keep them in business.  

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

yes I offer my customers a discount all the time... it's called a sale.

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

everything besides toilet paper and hand sanitizer.  I used to make 5, 6, 7+ sales a day.  those numbers are long gone.

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

it doesn't, I put that in to emphasis the fact that my sales are down on ebay.  but they are WAY down in 2020, specifically around the time of the corona virus.  I don't know about you but I am getting plenty of emails and message from vendors that I use discussing the changes they are making to help us all through this situation with corona virus.  My wife is now working from home.  I guess it would be nice to see ebay do something for the passionate loyal sellers that make ebay the great marketplace it is

(I know, I know, wishful thinking!)

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

what does ROFL mean??!!

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

@bruce.carlson wrote:

what does ROFL mean??!!

Rolling On the Floor Laughing.

Be careful.   I heard a rumor ebay might raise fees if they lose too much revenue due to the virus.

Message 15 of 65
latest reply